Turris OS 3.7 out now! Guest wi-fi, syslog-ng and more included

Last few weeks, we had been working hard release of Turris OS version 3.7. It took a little bit longer time than we are used to when providing a new version. We are sorry for that.

On our way to milestone 3.7, we fixed a lot of hidden bugs. Many of them were found by our wonderful community so this version is as good as it is thanks to all of you! Thank you very much once again and let’s take a look at changes and improvements:

• We have changed URL of Foris to /foris

• Foris now offers simple guest Wi-Fi setup! Read how to set it up!

• Foris now “speaks” Slovak, Polish and French. You can turn them on in “Updater” tab in Foris. If you want to teach Foris your own language, become a translator.

• OpenVPN server in Foris now has more options

• There is an experimental support for graphics cards (very geeky thing :astonished: ) Let’s play!

• Parental control features are slowly growing. Experimental support for new devices detection is here! You’ll be notified about newly connected devices in Foris “Home” panel. Turn it on in “Updater” section.

• Migration to the new updater on Turris router 1.0 and 1.1 is here. This is very important for our long time loyal users of the legacy Turris 1.x in Czech Republic. The blue veteran is now on the same updater wave as Omnia! In case of problems while surfing between those two, ReadTheManual (it is in CS as Turris 1.x had been distributed in CZ only) You can also share your experience here on the forum.

• New version of logging superhero syslog-ng is here. Learn what can you achieve together in an article written by Péter, one of the syslog-ng creators.

In following days, we will release 3.7.1 with some minor improvements and security fixes, OpenVPN 2.4.3 will be included.

Thank you for staying with us on a secure boat called Turris!
Václav
your Community Manager

9 Likes

Hi

I get the following error

Error from 2017/06/26 12:34:55
Updater failed:
inconsistent: Package luci-ssl requires package libustream-polarssl that is not available.

That’s new to me: (I know it’s just warning), but new one. :slight_smile:

WARN:Requested package ghostscript that is missing, ignoring as requested.

2 Likes

Tnx for letting us know. I just turned off updates , can’t have internet going out today :0

1 Like

Hello. After automatic update a get a message :

Error from 2017/06/26 13:12:02
Migration to updater-ng failed: Unsuccessful creation of list of additional installed packages: Unknown error

Foris is in EN instead CZ lang, but all works fine (maybe).

Addressing some problems you have. It seems to me that you don’t have userlist enabled providing packages you see as being removed. On Turris 1.x with old updater there was a load of packages in base user list that didn’t have to be there. To get those back you have to enable corresponding userlists. Also if packages with ‘de’ localizations are removed it means that you don’t have them selected. Same is for czech and so on. If you encounter problems with userlists or languages missing try to navigate to updater tab in Foris and save configuration there to be sure.

That is problem with migration. Please let’s solve it in appropriate thread. It’s just Turris 1.x specific. Doesn’t affect Omnias.

What it means is that migrator probably failed with incompatible packages being installed on your router. For some reason it didn’t produce any output so please could you access ssh console, run command updater-migrate.sh and then send me an output from it? (you may send me an pm here on forum).

That’s weird. I was on new updater for month, maybe two (maybe even more) Still it doesn’t explain to me, why it removed nikola and ipv6 and lxc things… And dont know if I said it correctly I removed deutsch language in that tab, which you mention and press saved and then it removed these packages, which it shouldnt do.

Ok I understood that you have problems with ‘de’. But if you don’t than it’s ok.

And do you have lxc userlist selected?
If I am not mistaken, the IPv6 nat was dropped before Omnia release from userlists.

And do you still have Turris under contract or is it bought out? It might be possible that we missconfigured constracts with new updater and that might be why nikola was removed.

Under contract. When i was looking on Updater tab there was no LXC user list, but IT was in hurry.I will check it Once again And Will let you know.

Sorry. There is no userlist lxc on Turris 1.x. Probably original idea was that there is not enough space for containers. I am going to add it. For now you can install it by hand.
Edit: Colleague just noted that real reason why we don’t have lxc user list on Turris 1.x is because of processor architecture. There is no big distribution that would officially supported this specific powerpc. So lxc makes little to none sense on Turris 1.x. Install it by hand if you want it. There will be no userlist for lxc on Turris 1.x.

Space is also reason why ghostscript isn’t compiled for Turris 1.x as it exceeds size of internal storage in the Turris 1.x.

1 Like

After reboot with upgrade to 3.7, Qualcomm Atheros QCA9880 802.11bgnac (radio0) won’t turn on.

2017-06-26T12:38:26+02:00 notice netifd[]: radio0 (20632): nl80211: Could not configure driver mode
2017-06-26T12:38:26+02:00 notice netifd[]: radio0 (20632): nl80211: deinit ifname=wlan0 disabled_11b_rates=0
2017-06-26T12:38:26+02:00 notice netifd[]: radio0 (20632): nl80211 driver initialization failed.
2017-06-26T12:38:26+02:00 notice netifd[]: radio0 (20632): wlan0: interface state UNINITIALIZED->DISABLED
2017-06-26T12:38:26+02:00 notice netifd[]: radio0 (20632): wlan0: AP-DISABLED 
2017-06-26T12:38:26+02:00 notice netifd[]: radio0 (20632): wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-TERMINATING 
2017-06-26T12:38:26+02:00 notice netifd[]: radio0 (20632): hostapd_free_hapd_data: Interface wlan0 wasn't started
2017-06-26T12:38:26+02:00 notice netifd[]: radio0 (20632): Device setup failed: HOSTAPD_START_FAILED
1 Like

Hello,

I got the

Error from 26-06-2017 13:06:10
Updater failed: Failed operations:
foris-openvpn-plugin-l10n-cs/postrm: + [ -n ]

foris-tls-plugin-l10n-cs/postrm: + [ -n ]

foris-diagnostics-plugin-l10n-cs/postrm: + [ -n ]

foris-diagnostics-plugin-l10n-de/postrm: + [ -n ]

foris-openvpn-plugin-l10n-de/postrm: + [ -n ]

foris-tls-plugin-l10n-de/postrm: + [ -n ]

errors after installing Polish locale and removing Czech and German at the same time, using basic web interface. Do I have to perform any additional actions?

Regards,
Orzech

1 Like

Were you able to view this information in the kernel log on Luci or in ssh? curious that way I know where to check if I see a similar issue with wireless card not being detected. And have you tried rebooting the router a second time to see if it shows up?

Thank you for reporting this. It’s a bug in postrm scripts of Foris. It’s almost harmless except of that changes are not applied immediately because Foris isn’t restarted. Fix will be released in 3.7.1.

1 Like

To your note in edit. I really doubt that it doesnt make any sense to use LXC containers on Turris 1.x. I can understand also that there wont be aby user list. But updater could leave it untouched or you can say it in changelog. I will install it manually, that’s not the problem. So if I am correct that it wont happen again I should write few lines to updater, right? But it should be noted. I was on new updater. That’s the important thing. :confused: Also updater could say that Ghost script wont be for Turris 1.x and one time is enough. :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw: @rene.kliment prepared good examples, why to use LXC containers on Turris. I put it to wiki and translated it to English and I do most stuff in LXC and articles. :confused:

Hopefully you looked why it removed nikola. :slight_smile:

The main problem that I can connect to my WiFi network, but it doesnt work - no connection (or too slow)at all. When I will be back I will look at it.

Edit: thanks for your attention.
I didnt touch anything during update and what I can tell you about WiFi it’s 5 GHz and it should be band a. I will look in this file soon as I can.
Sorry I could be more specific. But for somebody it could be same. My fault.

To your problem with nikola. Do you have i_aggree_datacollect list in /etc/config/updater? Did you edited that file by hand? Can you go to Foris and click Save changes? That should ensure that you have i_aggree_datacollect in configuration. If not that it might be bug in Foris.
Edit: Ghostscript is in user list printserver. If you don’t use it than deactivate it for now. It will be removed in 3.7.1 from that user list.

Also your wifi doesn’t work? You reported that it’s slow not that it doesn’t work. What band do you use (a/g?).

Turris Omnia:

root@omnia:~# updater.sh
WARN:Script revision-specific not found, but ignoring its absence as requested
WARN:Script serial-specific not found, but ignoring its absence as requested
DIE:
inconsistent: Requested package transmission-web that is not available.