Turris OS 3.6.5 out now!

Dear Turris users,
we have released update 3.6.5 with samba vulnerability fix you can read about here

The update should be installed automatically soon. In case you are eager user :slight_smile: you can install it manually.

Just write these lines in SSH:

opkg update

updater.sh

reboot

Stay secure and enjoy the weekend,
Václav
your Community Manager

P.S.: There is 3.7 on the way. Peeking is welcome here :slight_smile:

So one of the things that made me eager to purchase my omnia was the promise of timely updates for security. And I have to say, you make good on the promise! You, if I may say so, rock!

Best Regards

2 Likes

Oh… somebody forget to look at changelog for version 3.6.5.

News announcements

• openvpn: security update fixing CVE-2017-7494

Shouldnt be there samba instead of openVPN? :wink:

And I have question regarding version 3.7. When we can expect that you will update all packages available in TurrisOS?

1 Like

The patch was announced by Samba on Monday https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-announce/2017/000405.html …The fix was issued Wednesday (on time) …The metasploit proof-of-concept code was made public, and accepted on Thursday …1000x better than any other router out there, but it would have been nice to be patched before the first PoC code was made public.

Yes. 7494 is the critical samba vuln. I’m guessing VPN was a typo

Yes, @Pepe and @BlueChip are right, it’s a little mistake we are sorry for. We didn’t want to postpone the update because of this correction and I promise we will read more careful next time :slight_smile: