Turris OS 3.11.5 RC is out!

Dear Turris users,

We just released Turris OS 3.11.5 into RC branch. This RC release is now only for Turris Omnia routers.
Later, we would like to release it for Turris 1.x users. We would like to test it more due to the multiple configurations available.

It mostly contains security updates and some package updates which was requested by our community on the forum.

Changelog:
• bind, libxslt, libpng, dovecot, gnutls, wget, samba4, tiff, suricata: security updates
• schnapps, netdata, youtube-dl, libhtp, foris, syslog-ng, nextcloud, resolver-conf: update
• python-certifi, python-urllib3, python3-pyroute2: new packages
• foris: experimental centralized device management
• kernel: update

There are also new CZ.NIC ODVR servers, which supports DNS over TLS.

We will appreciate any feedback about this release.

1 Like

I installed it, and updated nextcloud, rebooted and it still works.
Nextcloud works, my lxc containers work.

It just works.
thanks for DNS over TLS

In case the "CZ.NIC (TLS)" option for DNS forwarding didn’t work for you before this update to new ODVR IPs, I suggest you re-try that and report any problems to us, please. The old IP addresses were (and still are) unusable with TLS from some locations (minority, depending on anycast), and that seems to be fixed with the new ones.

RC2 is released for both our routers - Turris 1.x and Turris Omnia.

The difference between RC1 and RC2:

• Foris tab for Subordinate devices should appear in any case.
  • Small fixes for turris-netboot
  • Resolver-debug is now improved thanks @vcunat
  • youtube-dl: update to version 2019.06.08

As @viktor find out, we added a new thing to release notes:
• foris: experimental centralized device management

1 Like

Turris 1.0 updated fine.

For me seems to work fine.

I don’t like the word centralized in this sentence. What would it accually do? Will there be opt-out?

We released this time a new RC version just for Turris Omnia.

Difference between RC2 and RC3:

• We bumped a few packages (like curl) due to gnutls update
  • We improved current documentation for Netboot, added how to make it work in CLI and some fixes for Netboot tab in Foris. It should appear now.

Any feedback regarding this RC3 version is highly appreciated.

Will the Subordinate devices management be limited to mox devices only or other omnia routers too?

if omnia routers are supported can they be managed as a wifi bridge?

if not can mox with wifi be setup as wifi bridges?

I installed it, and it still works.

Okay, the managed devices tab appeared finally. But I can’t get my MOX to appear on the set up page. I already have it approved by the previous CLI commands I did.

Subordinates works in general across Turris devices, you just have to exchange certificates and currently only supported operation is management of WiFis.

1 Like

WiFi and Setup page works only after exchanging of Foris certificates, which is currently implemented only in HBK and will be released and fully functional after next 4.0 release (and re-pairing). If we would release it now, it would break CLI setup for people not in RC yet. But we hope to do a release soon.

Could you somehow clarify this on the netboot wiki page? I.e. which version of TurrisOS you need to get it working?

Another and hopefully the last one RC is out for both our routers (Turris 1.x and Turris Omnia).

Changelog:

• minor fixes for netboot

We would appreciate any feedback regarding the RC4 version as we want to release next week.

3 Likes

Another RC is out for Turris 1.x and Turris Omnia.

Changelog:

• kernel: update (fixes CVE-2019-11477, CVE-2019-11478, CVE-2019-11479)

We would appreciate any feedback regarding this RC5 version.

1 Like

The update was OK.
I’m not seeing a problem yet.

Turris 1.0

1 Like

Simple configuration on TO, seems OK.