Turris OS 3.10 is now in RC!

Hello,

We really appreciate your suggestion and we don’t want to delay 3.10 anymore as we’ll release another RC soon, but we’ll update the package as you wish. :slight_smile:

If it will go very well then you can expect it in some of our minor release - 3.10.x.

We’ll inform you how it goes directly on Gitlab.

@Pepe Thanks, subscribed to the issue in gitlab. And yes, this is a good approach, I wouldn’t want to delay the release either.

from the demo it appears that the 5 GHz wifi channel is still lacking auto in Foris, whilst such being available for the 2.4 GHz in Foris and for 5 GHz in LuCI.

Thanks for feedback.

In 3.10 RC there is possibility to choose “Auto” for Network channel on both Wi-Fi cards.
We’ll fix it in demo.

We just released another update, main changes are in Pakon Web UI and Storage plugin now creates Btrfs instead of Ext4.

Update: Format button is now disabled by default and you have to change the drive to enable it and fixed switch configuration in LuCI

Hello! Is this an update for Turris omnia users? Just curious as the pakon feature sounds nifty! :slight_smile: thanks in advance

Good job, thanks …

Hi!

This release will be for Turris Omnia and also for Turris 1.x.
Every release is for both routers unless it is stated otherwise. In past, we released only one update, which was especially for Turris 1.x, but it was just fixup, so don’t worry. :slight_smile:

We’d like to be sure before we’ll release each release to everyone, so we’re releasing first as Release Candidate, what basically means that we’re looking for testers, who can provide us feedback, because we can’t really test each individual configuration, which our users have. We want to bring you in major releases improvements like is Pakon WebUI, Server Side backups and Storage plugin, but we tested them, but it’s possible that some bugs can appear. So we appreciate every bug reports and even feedback, which we’d get from you, because it helps us.

Hi,

I have just received 2 new RC releases and see new version numbers in the Hungarian translation packages, however thereafter I cannot see the new strings applied in Foris. Why is there new versions and packages if it does not contain the actual updates? Can you push the latest translations in the next RC or stable release?

1 Like