Turris OS 3.10 is now in RC!

“1. Pick an external storage, which you want to move your persistent data to.
6. …your data will from now on be written to the external disk.”

What do you mean by “your data will from now on be written to the external disk”? If it means just moving of /srv, I would welcome if it was written in Foris in a clearer way. I.e. what you will move to a new location for us and what we have to (or should) move manually after that. You write about “Nextcloud, LXC or other IO intensive applications” but it seems that Storage plugin will move /srv only. That doc page seems to me a little bit confusing.

2 Likes

i reckon it means:

• new data will be written to the new device
  • nothing will be moved automatically

Hello,
I’ll pass the feedback to our developers.

What it does I described here:

Your description is clear to me. It means that it does nothing with our persistent data in general, it will only move /srv to a new device/partition and gives us possibility to move data from other applications to that location after that. But we need to know what they are and where they are and move them manually. This plugin takes care about LXC only.

Someone would think his internal storage is safe after this automatic move but if he had IO intensive application outside LXC, it is not the case.

Please change description in Foris and the Doc page to make it clear. Thank you.

1 Like

It seems, that in 3.10, still no real content in https://repo.turris.cz/omnia-master/packages/base/kmod-dvb-mn88473_4.4.123+1-1-082ea0f4a4e204b99821bedcb349ed54-1_mvebu.ipk :disappointed_relieved:

This is just a first RC version, which we released. We have the issue for it on our Gitlab. Right now we want to fix it to 3.10, but something can change.

1 Like

I moved /srv (storage) and can’t reach FORIS now. Neither luci or ssh…

I have external drive with three partition (sdc1, sdc2, sdc3). I choose sdc3 and before reboot I saw that disc was formated. Originaly I had btrfs, but after save I saw it was formated to ext4.

LAN working with internet connection.
Wifi working with internet connection.
LXC containers don’t work (there are on sdc1).

I saved configuration with new tool so tomorrow till probably make factory reset and new update to RC with downloading backup of settings :slight_smile:

PS: I have Turris 1.0 with btrfs

We’d like to reproduce it, but we need to see what happened there.

Can you attach serial link to your router and send us necessary log as /var/log/messages and output of these commands dmesg, lsblk and opkg list-installed to email tech.support@turris.cz?

I sent output of commands to email. /var/log is almost empty.
Today I noticed that wifi is not working aswell, but LAN is OK. Therefore I connected my wife to LAN :slight_smile:

As we are going out for extended weekend I will make reset at Monday evening. Till then you can check messages and I can test something before reset if needed.

I see that /srv is mounted, but it is empty.

I just run update today. Everything seems to work ok, but I see this errors during update:

Output from foris-netmetr-plugin.postinst:

• [ -n ]
  • /etc/init.d/lighttpd restart
    Output from pakon-lists.postinst:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “/usr/libexec/pakon-light/domains_reapply.py”, line 75, in
    main()
    File “/usr/libexec/pakon-light/domains_reapply.py”, line 71, in main
    replace(’/var/lib/pakon.db’, multiple_replace)
    File “/usr/libexec/pakon-light/domains_reapply.py”, line 55, in replace
    for row in c.execute(‘SELECT DISTINCT(app_hostname) FROM traffic WHERE app_hostname IS NOT NULL’):
    sqlite3.OperationalError: no such table: traffic
    Command failed: Not found
    Output from suricata.prerm:

Hello,
thank you! We’ll look into this issue.

Are there some news?

Not yet, we’re polishing things in this RC and I’ll notify you, when we release another RC version.

2 Likes

We just released an update, it contains some more polishing of storage plugin, fix to Suricata dualstack DNS issue and few other small fixes and updates.

3 Likes

Simple configuration, 2 lxc’s (Ubuntu, Debian), SFSG :wink:

Are there any news on this?

1 Like

Hello,
this week we’ll release another RC! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

it would be great if you updated https_dns_proxy to 2018-04-23. Turris has an ancient version, the current version supports Cloudflare’s 1.1.1.1 DNS, which is faster than Google’s and using DNS over HTTPS would be pretty cool as a privacy feature.

Updated upstream package here

Juraj.

1 Like

See also Using dns over tls or https

Whilst certainly appreciating the testing/refining of this RC I am wondering what is the point of tying up the release (and thus holding back) of updated packages like knot-resolver, unbound, netdata etc, all of which can be configured without an UI and via sshd instead?