Turris Omnia - Slow FTP Upload Speeds

Dear Community,

I have an FTP Server with a lot of large files on it. I got reports that the Download speed for them is really slow, I also have to add that it never worked properly. My Internet Connection is a 1Gbit synchronous line, I tested my speed on multiple sites with different Servers and PC’s, I get results from 750-980Mbit/s up- and download speed, which all seems fine. So when they start downloading a file from my FTP Server the speed keeps getting slower and slower until it’s around 10Mbit/s. I can also start an Upload from any PC in my Network to ftp://speedtest.tele2.net and see the same behavior.

I checked my FTP Server configuration and I set everything to Unlimited. I also logged in to my Router (Turris Omnia) and had a look in the GUI and I didn’t find any settings I could set to limit the upload speed. Any suggestions what I could do?

• Kernel Version 4.4.191-a890a5a94ebb621f8f1720c24d12fef1-0
  • irmware Version: OpenWrt omnia 15.05 r47055 / LuCI ad82eacfaca99ddf71169b419e1e338de2eade4a branch (git-19.175.20344-ad82eac)

Try to run on your Omnia something like:

wget -O /dev/null ftp://speedtest.tele2.net/1GB.zip
wget -O /dev/null http://speedtest.tele2.net/1GB.zip

This should help to identify whether the problem is also on your Omnia itself (not only on your computer) and perhaps even in which protocol.

Cross-reference on Reddit:

these are the results from the router itself:
FTP: 1.00G - 94.4MB/s in 11s
HTTP: 1.00G - 90.3MB/s in 11s
download was never an issue, i get similar results from my PC via winscp client, and also from another Arch Linux client in my LAN.

@Pepe thank’s for cross-reference, forgot that one…

Edit: As some suggested. if i try speedtests with iperf3 i get upload-speeds up to: 50mbit/s, instead of 10mbit/s, if host a HTTP Server and try to share a file this way, it drops to 10mbit/s

Edit2: I also Re-flash router from flash drive with the latest.