Turris Omnia - Packet loss

Has any had any luck reaching turris tech support about possible faulty hardware? Since I have had the turris omnia back in 2017 I have encountered intermittent packet loss only with this router. Tried 3 other routers(another I purchased after and friends routers) and those didn’t not encounter any packet loss. I sent a support ticket about it last week though have had no response back.

I held on the the router in hopes of software/fire ware updates fixing the issue. I recently tested the router for 2 days and allowed it to update itself and the packet loss still occurs unfortunately. Someone with a post about this issue I posted a couple years ago suggested that it would be faulty hardware causing the issue. Have any other ran into this issue of random packet loss to the first hop only when using turris omnia?

One of my original posts about the issue: Turris Omnia keeps dropping packets

Does the packet loss manifest with traffic generated by the node itself , or client or both? And IPv4 or IPv6 or both?

I would start debugging with the node itself with tools like mtr and/or httping and take it from there.

Ping is on a numeric or name address ? Example:
ping 93.91.50.207
or
ping buchtik.inet4.cz

Isn’t this a DNS problem ? Is DNSSEC forwarding ON or OFF?

Hi thank you for your reply.

The packet loss is assosiated with the first hop. PC/device to router.

In regards to the node, I believe you would be referring to the ISP’s node close by,. In this case I have attempted the same tests with this router and other routers such as nethear, Cisco, and even the ISP’s router and none of the issues were present with those routers and only occurred when using turris omnia hard wired.

Hi thanks for your response.

Ping is directed towards google.com

However even when not utilizing cmd/pingplotter to ping the google servers, the packet loss still occurs when using latency sensitive applications such as java or even online multiplayer. It is the reason I am unable to use this router and it is currently is acting a paper weight ;/

I may follow up to confirm the DNS, though this most likely is related to the issue. From previous post it was determined to potentially be a hardware issue/malfunction since it has not corrected itself even with firmware updates and setting changes in luci

That is not what I meant but traffic generated by the router (as opposed on of its clients).

let us try to narrow it down

• is the issue present with the TO when the TO is connecting upstream (WAN)?
    If yes:
    • via IPv4 only?
    • via IPv6 only?
    • both IPv4 and IPv6?
    • via IP address only?
    • via hostname only?
    • both IP address and hostname?
  • is the issue present with the TO when the TO is connecting downstream (LAN)?
    If yes:
    • via IPv4 only?
    • via IPv6 only?
    • both IPv4 and IPv6?
    • via IP address only?
    • via hostname only?
    • both IP address and hostname?
    • on all LAN ports or only a particular one?
    • on all WLan networks or only a particular one?

Connection and loss ping is via ethernet cable or wifi ? If wifi … 2,4 or 5 Ghz ? If 5 Ghz … what chanell ?