Turris Omnia, List of Software feature requests

Lets improve the project by collecting feature requests on following categories:

• Hardware feature requests
  • Firmware feature requests
    Software releated:
    Login for Webinterface, Advanved Administration and SSH:
  • secured login, protect against brute force attac by create wait time of one second after wrong login and double the time after every wrong loging

Webinterface, Password section:

Webinterface, Region and Time section:

• replace “If our router had an older time set some expired SSL certificates might have seemed like valid.” by “If our router had an older or newer time set some expired SSL certificates might have seemed like valid.” FYI: Wrong time make problems in both directions for SSL certificates. !!!
  • missing field for 1st, 2nd and 3`rd NTP server
  • give user sample of usable NTP server like:
    pool.ntp.org
    asia.pool.ntp.org
    europe.pool.ntp.org
    north-america.pool.ntp.org
    oceania.pool.ntp.org
    south-america.pool.ntp.org
    cz.europe.pool.ntp.org
  • offer secured NTP by (dont no whats realistic, if no like this exist, its should be possible to get the time by secured dns too)
  • offer NTP check
  • offer check of secured NTP

Webinterface “DNS” section:

• missing field for 1st, 2nd, 3`rd and 4. DNS Server
  • missing button for selct secured DNS or not
  • missing info on this page about name of used serured DNS (p.e. DNSCrypt)

Webinterface, WLAN section:

• make selectable and mark it with colors not crypted(red), WPA(red), mixed WPA and WPA2(red), WPA2(yellow), WPA3(green)
  • Tell on page additional to the maximum password lenght, p.e. 3 to 63 caracters, usable caracters p.e: [A-Z], [a-z], [0-9], [special caracters like !$/()=*#±.,{}[]§@ or what ever]
  • show by red, yellow or green color bar inside password field, behind the typed password, the security of password depend on lenght an complexibility
  • Button for creating god password samples, its possible by p.e. follow open source js script: Link will follow
  • make not 2,4 or 5 GHz WLAN available, make 2,4 and 5 GHz WLAN available

Webinterface, Advanced Administration section:

• add on/off button for SSH
  • integrate and add switch on/off and run button for webversion of midnight commander. With this its possible to navigate inside filesystem, create, coppy, edit and so on config and other files which still cant configure by normal webinterface

Webinterface, Updater section:

• Button for factory reset of firmware
  • Button for select to installing firmware file
  • Button for manual start check actualiity of firmware (update check)
  • Button for change between official and RC update regime

Webinterface, Open VPN section:
.* add Open VPN Client configuration

Webinterface, “About” section:

• remove the foris versions number on webinterface to this section

Webinterface, add a Link section with follow links:

• link to doku, comunity doku
  • link to FAQ
  • link to Forum
  • link to download section
  • link to download section for firmware immages https://repo.turris.cz
    Hardware releated feature requests:
    Webinterface, Categorie for CPU speed an voltage:
  • menue vor reducing the speed of little bit hot cpu between p.e. 600 and 1600MHz
  • menue for reducing the voltage of little bit hot cpu in some smale steps

Replacement of the two WLAN cards by only one WLAN card:
that save one pci-e slot, power consumtion and cost for hardware

############################
See also:
Turris Omnia, List of Software featurure requests:
Collecting Ideas for Hardware changings:
Improve Turris Omnia together and speak about:

1 Like

My opinion, what are the best first new feature.

On my opinion, it can be it`s the best, to integrate one day or one week, the features which are easy and fast to integrate.

I guess the follow will be easy, a I am not a programmer:

Webinterface, “About” section:

• remove the foris versions number on webinterface to this section

Webinterface, add a Link section with follow links:

• link to doku, comunity doku
  • link to FAQ
  • link to Forum
  • link to dowmload section

From security point of view will be the most importand:

• secured DNS, configuration menues for, what make it possible to use
  • secured NTP incl menues
  • secured login, protect against brute force attac by create wait time of one second after wrong login and double the time after every wrong loging

Space holder for realized feature requests.

I recently discovered scanlogd. It used to be in lede repository but it didnt made it to openwrt 18.04.

What it does is monitoring the WAN interface for example and detecting port scanning on the device facing the internet.

I think that package could be a great extension to the current TurrisOS security measures for those running containers and stuff to public and to possibly extend the features of HaaS.

I used to be in lede so the most work is done already and it shouldn’t be that hard to port it again to openwrt with the new version. They even claim on the website that they are packaged for openwrt but it was long time ago.

Links for those [Turris team?} who might want to help/do that:
[source] https://www.openwall.com/scanlogd/
[makefile] https://gitlab.com/lede/openwrt-packages/tree/master/net/scanlogd

It DEPENDS:=+libpcap +libnet0 +libnids

• libpcap we have already
  • libnet0 could be replaced with newer libnet-1.2.x
  • the only dependency that should be added is libnids which source is availiable on the website I mentioned with source.

I know it’s some work to do but I think it might be really cool feature to have on board. I think it would be nice to include it in stable TOS4 when it’s released. I am willing to test betas and different scenarios. Number one check would be to use LED A or B to flash red when someon is scanning your IP. Wouldn’t it be great?

To be considered…

TO is working on their upcoming sentinel app which I reckon is more advanced, but I might be wrong.

that work stopped 5 years ago and the work was done for LEDE. porting it to TOS4.x/5.x might prove more difficult.

I’d really like a DNS based ad blocker (ala pihole) with a web ui config

There’s adblock, though its luci-based UI certainly isn’t as fancy as pi-hole. And some people on the forum do run pi-hole itself, usually in a container IIRC.

if pi-hole could be ported to the native turris dns server it would be very nice