Turris Omnia LED issues after 6.0 update

After 6.0 update “internet stopped working”. I wasn’t home, but instructed family to restart the router. It then worked well, except for all LEDs being blue, instead of my configuration in /etc/config/rainbow. Running “rainbow brightness 1” also fixed colors. After one more restart colors are still good.

However, I use internal SSD and one LED was configured to show it’s activity in LuCI. But it does not work that way anymore. It still shows “disk-activity” binding in LuCI, but cannot be updated to this setting. Also this error message was sent to my e-mail by router:

Žádosti o restart zařízení
==========================
The system was updated, but some changes will take effect only after reboot. Please reboot the device.

Zařízení bude automaticky restartováno dne 22. 10. 2022 v 03:30 CEST.

Oznámení o chybách
==================
Updater selhal: Failed operations:

fix-omnia-leds-migrate/postinst: Warning: Unsupported trigger 'disk-activity' for: system.led_pci1 (rgb:wlan-1)

Command failed: Not found

/usr/libexec/rainbow/led_activity.sh: line 165: /sys/class/leds/rgb:wan/trigger: No such file or directory

grep: /sys/class/leds/rgb:wan/trigger: No such file or directory

Warning: activity setup failed for: wan

/usr/libexec/rainbow/led_activity.sh: line 165: /sys/class/leds/rgb:wlan-2/trigger: No such file or directory

grep: /sys/class/leds/rgb:wlan-2/trigger: No such file or directory

Warning: activity setup failed for: wlan-2

/usr/libexec/rainbow/led_activity.sh: line 165: /sys/class/leds/rgb:wlan-3/trigger: No such file or directory

grep: /sys/class/leds/rgb:wlan-3/trigger: No such file or directory

Warning: activity setup failed for: wlan-3

Those errors are also shown each time I run “rainbow brightness 1” or “/etc/init.d/rainbow restart”:

Warning: Unsupported trigger 'disk-activity' for: system.led_pci1 (rgb:wlan-1)

I have the same issue. Woke up this morning to no internet. Reboot it but the LEDs did not come back the same as they normally do. I had some script that changed the color based on bandwidth use. The two PCI LEDs normally showing WIFI activity by default are not lit.

Signed in and found the router had updated to a new interface or something. I don’t keep up with what’s going on with Turris so this was a surprise. It’s been smooth sailing the last few years. Must be a hiccup with what looks like a new version of openWRT or LuCI.

Hi,

thank you for your report. Unfortunately a small bug slipped in into a final release. When running migration of LED configuration, we try to run Rainbow - software for managing the LED configuration, but that one already depends on new kernel interface. Thus it produces error during the upgrade. But the only thing that failed was to apply the new LED configuration and only till the reboot when new kernel gets booted up. So overall the error is harmless (that is why we haven’t stopped the release) and you can safely disregard it. There is already bug about this in our GitLab Omnia LEDs migrate can not access new sysfs files in postinst (#857) · Issues · Turris / Turris OS / Turris OS packages · GitLab

One more observation. Internet was not working for my home until restart (11:45 UTC), but Omnia was still responding to the RIPE probes, except for 2 minutes around the installation time (11:16 UTC).

Well, the thing I noticed with LEDs on both my Turris 1.0 and Omnia 2020 post the update is that brightness is always reset to highest after reboot (then I have to use the HW button to cycle it to lowest again). Also, on Turris 1.0 it cycles upwards (low to high) and on Omnia 2020 it cycles downwards (high to low), which is curious.

This I think differs to the issue rainbow state is not restored after a reboot (#2) which says it’s colors that are reset, not brightness…

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.