Turris Omnia hardware documentation availability

Hi, we are brainstorming about a project with a hardware design based on Armada 385. Similar to Turris Omnia. But it’s not a typical router. So no threat that it might become a competing product :slight_smile:

I would like to know if there is a timeline when the Turris Omnia hardware documentation will be released. Similar to Turris 1.0 and 1.1 with all the hardware details in one nice ZIP file. I hope there will be something similar for Turris Omnia.

Kind regards,
Franz

They have already published some hardware documentation for Omnia at the end of https://www.turris.cz/doc/en/start in case you haven’t yet noticed it.

I have seen the schematics PDF. But thanks for mentioning.

The Altium files would be very helpful to review the PCB design interactively. This files have also been published for the older Turris routers. Which I appreciate very much.

I’m eager to learn from the Armada 385 design because it’s a less complex design compared to the Freescale P2020 based predecessor.

In the meantime my question has been answered by the support team. I will post here in case somebody is looking for the same information:

I learned that the hardware documentation of Turris Omnia is less complete than those of the predecessors. That means there will only be a PDF schematics file but no other PCB artwork or Altium project files.

This is unfortunate news for the open-hardware community but it’s also understandable to prevent copycats.