Turris Omnia 2022 - estimation on market?

When the new Turris Omnia 2022 will be available in eshops? I would like to buy a turris. The question is if I should wait for new generation or not. Is there any estimate? If not information like “it will not be 2024” would be usefull as well.

2 Likes

Was this the last public information around new devices?

Maybe someone knows newer stuff and will post here.

2 Likes

I wonder if there will be any more routers from Turris. Looking at the forum a lot of staff have gone.

If it gets released the" 2022" model will already be out of date old tech.

I bought an Omnia 2016 and then a 2020 model , having moved to a 900/300 fibre connection both are pretty much useless because they can’t deliver anything above 500/200 .

I had been hoping for the new version but won’t be waiting any longer , 2 Omnias will go to eBay and I’ll be off to buy something else.

Interesting, since here the 2016 Omnia does get 800+ ?
The MOX has speed issues but not sure where that goes wrong

What type of connection , PPPOE?

I have spent many hours trawling through numerous websites and the many posts here on the same subject, the answer is always the same , the Omnia can’t attain speeds like 900/300.

If you look at the video, you’ll see that the tech was upgraded since the “2022” proposal.

1 Like

Without PPPoE or SQM it can… and then for unilateral loads it can even with SQM*… not exactly sure about the cost of PPPoE (but that is not a cheap protocol by any means).

*) Caveat I did tests in the TOS4 timeframe and have not bothered since to repeat them, for my 100/40 Mbps link the omnia is just A-OK and I do not see me switching to anything faster soon… if I did I would probably aim for a wired only router based on x86, like the current intel N100 designs… (the SOHO omnia is simply outside my price range)

1 Like