Turris MOX Wi-Fi add-on (SDIO)

Hello, does this module supports monitor mode?
Does it creates two adapters, one for 2.4Ghz band and another for 5Ghz band, or it creates one with dual band support?

Kind regards!

One wi-fi card, one adapter and one frequency.

Great! Thank you!
And what about monitor mode?
I know it’s related to kernel and also to device HW, but as I don’t have any MOX (I have OMNIA) I can’t check it.

Thanks!!

I don´t know, but I recommend mPCI card, for example Complex. SDIO card have many limitation and unexpected behavior.

The “problem” is that mPCI card will increase the size.

Let’s see if someone has it and can check it :slight_smile:

I have a MOX with the mPCI card in it running a WiFi network, you can select whether to use 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz when you set it up.

If you want to use both then you need Mox with SDIO (attached to Mox A) + mPCI WiFi card to have both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.

Sadly my MOX A module with the connections for the SDIO card is not recognizing the SDIO WiFi card. I tried replacing the SDIO with another card that I bought on amazon.de but no luck getting it to see the SDIO card.

mPCI card is working fine though on a Mox G module, just have to choose 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz, hope that helps.

Edit: Looks like you can also use Mox B + Mox G to add two mPCI WiFi cards which would make your MOX physically larger but should provide you 2.4Ghz + 5Ghz networks hopefully for what you want to setup. That may be better, seems a lot of trouble with the SDIO cards.

Thank you so much for your time!

Be sure that your comments helped!
If I need two mcpi modules, maybe I’ll keep using Omnia
Kind regards.

Not only for this solution is Omnia better and for a similar price.

Finally, I ordered a MOX w/ SDIO wifi for testing, and MOX B

I’ll post results for a follow up.

Kind regards

I purchased a MOX G module, I actually currently have a MOX B module. Since I can not get the SDIO card working I will try MOX B + MOX G to setup 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz networks.

Due the SDIO limitation MOX B and MOX G with two mPCI wi-fi cards is better solution. But you can obtain Omnia instead.