TOS6 - latest update completely disables internet connection

Hello, latest TOS6 (Turris Omnia - Indiegogo) update somehow disables connection to the internet. I suspect these two:

Changes performed by updater at 2022-09-16T15:33:08+00:00 
• Installed package fix-firewall-zone-limit version 1-50 
• Installed package fix-network-devices version 1-50

Rollback to previous snapshot helped, but after updating second time, problem was back:

Changes performed by updater at 2022-09-16T16:21:20+00:00 
• Updated package base-files from version 1454-6.0-alpha3-r16653+120-44ce70f0e2 to version 1454-6.0-alpha3-r16653+121-44ce70f0e2 
• Installed package fix-firewall-zone-limit version 1-50 
• Installed package fix-network-devices version 1-50 
• Reinstalled package python3 version 3.9.13-3.9-1 
• Reinstalled package samba4-libs version 4.14.12-3.9-1 
• Reinstalled package samba4-server version 4.14.12-3.9-1

Seems I have to turn auto updates off for a while.

Better file a bug in gitlab? So in addition to this report here…

Honestly, I don´t know which file and how to get it to gitlab. And for now I need stable connection during downloading a 41GB file.

Disabling auto updates for a while might be a solution just for you. If you are willing to help, please share more details.

In this case:

• If you check LuCI and go to Network → Network Interfaces
    • Does it ask you to perform network migration?
      • If yes, how the migration went there?
  • Are you using VLANs? Was your router migrated from Turris OS 3.x version?
  • Would you mind sharing/etc/config/network before and after an update?

Even though, you can ask support if they are aware of this issue or if not, they will ask you for more details like I do. :wink:

1 Like

In LuCi, there was no migration message. I am on TOS6 for about a year (?). That message was present after migration from TOS5.

After this wrong update, in LuCi, there was in network interfaces under WAN, that interface is missing.
I am not using any VLAN, except guest wifi.

I can try to share network file, but it will be possible after that big file will be downloaded, so maybe this evening. :slight_smile:

PS: When I was trying to rollback via reforis, nothing happened, No message, that I can reboot or so. I had to rollback via ssh.

So I have checked /etc/config/network files:

Before the update:

config interface 'wan'
	option proto 'dhcp'
	option ipv6 '0'
	option device 'eth2'
	option type 'bridge'

After the update:

config interface 'wan'
	option proto 'dhcp'
	option ipv6 '0'
	option device 'br-wan'

As we can see this line has dissapeared during the update: option device 'eth2' and that caused that there was no internet connection. All other values were untouched.

This update was still availaible yesterday evening and was stil buggy.

But never mind, I had to reset my Omnia completely (medkit), due to wifi connection problem debugging on my new android phone - still occuring deauthenticated due to inactivity (timer DEAUTH/REMOVE)
Interesting is that now router is fully updated and there is no such error as before.

Offtopic:
@Pepe Why there is still not availaible working medkit for TOS6? I have downloaded omnia-medkit-latest.tar.gz from repo turris site from HBL section and in reforis about section there was TOS6 stated as HBS and updater brought 5.4.3 update and broke whole connetion to the router. The only working way is still latest HBS medkit and then switch-branch…

1 Like

And thats the only way supported I think

1 Like

For me the update went smooth and even tho rainbow is still pooping errors I was able to set led colors

Offtopic: I am looking forward for working TOS 6 HBL medkit as well as I stated already in other threads. Seems obvious that lot of people using TOS 6 already.
We appreciate all the Turris ream work and looking forward for stable TOS 6 in HBS