TOS 7 (HBL): Switch unavailable

I’ve been tinkering with TOS 7, booting an Omnia (U-Boot SPL 2022.10-rc4-OpenWrt-r16653+119-44ce70f0e2) into the current HBL medkit. It boots up fine but the switchports (LAN 0-3) are down (no carrier) as well as eth0 and eth1 are in a DOWN state which makes me think that the switch hasn’t been initialized.

I’ve found no applicable open issue. Any idea or workaround? Thanks!

Ok, now there is one, I opened TOS 7: Switch unavailable on Omnia (#384) · Issues · Turris / Turris OS / Turris Build · GitLab for better tracking.

This is the main reason I wait for TOS7.0 HBL to be in usable state. As you could see from notification about upgrade it removes the DSA switch driver.

1 Like

Ah, thanks for the pointer! Since I used medkit (to start from a clean install) I didn’t encounter any such notifications and was assuming that hbl was in a somewhat usable state. I will have a look.

Well, don’t spread panic. :wink: Yes, it removes it since it should be enabled in the kernel first. The question is why it is not and why we should have the kernel package, when OpenWrt does not have it.