Topic from discourse disappeared?

Hi, I had the following forum link bookmarked, and now I tried to access it and the forum tells me it does not exist. What happened to it? I don’t think there was anything against the forum rules in the topic that could lead to its deletion.

https://forum.test.turris.cz/t/turris-omnia-boot-z-msata-vase-zkusenosti/17476

1 Like

The topic was indeed deleted by a moderator. So I can see it and technically I could even restore it, but I don’t know exact reasoning for this removal.

It’s due the @Pepe purity.

The user requested us to delete the account based on GDPR, which we granted the request. Usually, we just anonymize the data, so the existing topics and replies are intact and can be found exactly to prevent this, but in this case, we made the exception and deleted the whole account, including threads, posts, etc.

1 Like

I personally contributed to this topic as well. Even though my comments are considered as “stories”, if I contribute I try to post something that could be interesting for others as was in this thread. It is bit sad to see that it disappeared.

2 Likes

I’m afraid to delete all was not good decision, I’m quite sure anonymisation and keeping data would be enough. You see that people are missing this lost information.

2 Likes

I have also contributed some non-trivial findings to that thread regarding my experiences of setting up an SSD and a swap partition, and I would be looking for that information if I ever needed to repeat the process. This is… less than ideal.

2 Likes

Okay, @Pepe , it seems there are more people here interested in restoring the thread. Is it still possible, at least in some limited way?

2 Likes

Zackly. That’s the reason this forum is about. I would understand ip adresses, names and other personal information to be anonymized but how guide to setup SSD in Omnia device could interfere with GDPR ? I simply could not get it.

2 Likes