TO Updater failed / Luci not accesible

Now I think of this and use it this way you describe. From time to time I throw it out of the box and experiment. And for everyday use I use something else (100% reliable over the years).

I agree. But those who have decided to sell it do not think like us.

1 Like

In all fairness the product has to be sold somewhere/somehow and online retail is surely a common supply chain in this day and age. In the same spirit (fairness) it is being advertised as something outside of the classic router definition, even the MOX platform is.

The problem I see is that the vendor is apparently lacking the necessary (manpower) resources to ship/sustain/support a proper stable product - be it hardware and/or software.

Reference was made to the sense of experimentation and provisionality of the hardware and software combination in these specific implementations. Such implementations should be reserved for a niche of testers and geeks and not presented as a solid product for reliable use.

Why not, if one has the capacity to deliver a proper stable product then by all means.

With OpenWrt as basic fabric, a distro focussing on CPE in the telecommunication sector and far from being a server oriented distro, it is questionable to introduce complex features that are clearly server oriented however. The issues that the TOS development is facing with such a match are all too apparent.

Stunning is the contradictory design purpose of (re)/Foris - as simple interface, least repeatedly been cited as less advanced than LuCI and meant for the less geeky user - that yet caters for advanced/complex features outside the router realm and at the same time failing to delivery even the basics on proper router/network management.

I agree. The point is here. Needless to continue. The starting idea is good: a safe tool that allows you to collect data for research and the consequent improvement of security in a virtuous circle. The final product: a lot of things difficult to manage.
I think it’s a tool for home use, because it only impresses novice geeks. For this reason it should appear more stable and less wishful thinking. On the net there are hundreds if not thousands of resellers, who offer pre-assembled cards to be used as routers with one or more processors, on different architectures, with various gigabytes of RAM and capacious and resistant SSD disks, at prices that I would define affordable. Here the focus declared in the advertisement seems lost to me. A product for people who do not want to be behind updates or are not able to do them alone (because all open source systems are well updated, you just have to update), someone who wants to experience the thrill of the changes without really going until the end. A perfect combination of hardware and software is presented, like a Mac. But it’s not a Mac.
I feel no adherence between what is presented and what it really is. And I don’t feel alone in this impression, it’s not about disappointment, it’s about understanding.
Maybe this adventure is bigger than the one who started it.

Well, my TO (NAS configuration with 2GB RAM) was replaced couple weeks ago by Synology RT2600AC + RPI4 (for gadgets :slight_smile: ) and now I’m completely happy, everything is working , updates on synology are doing very well, if something on RPI4 is going badly then I still have an access to it, because router is alive :slight_smile:

Im going to do same thing with my MOX (1GB configuration) which I have in different country, because it is very unstable and I have to unplug it every couple of hours from the power supply, because network is not responding (it was doing before factory reset and its doing after factory reset) .

to be honest I’m very disappointed with that devices and now I will have two (TO NAS + MOX) expensive bricks in my cupboard :-/

1 Like