Switch/VLAN/interface configuration?

I want to use the Turris Omnia 2GB as a NAS/switch and application server (IOT, VPN, …) instead as a router. I’m unsuccessful in configuring the switch/VLAN and interfaces. What I tried so far:

WAN/WAN6 deleted

br-LAN DHCP-client mode or static mode:

• IPv4-address: 192.168.100.2
  • IPv4-Gateway: 192.168.100.1
  • IPv4-DNS-Server: 192.168.100.1
  • IPv4-broadcast: 192.168.100.255
  1. disable VLAN, eth0 only for LAN
  2. disable VLAN, eth0 + eth1 for br-LAN
  3. delete VLAN2, add untagged PORT4 to VLAN 1, use eth0.1 and eth1 for br-LAN

In static mode the IP-address is not reachable. In DHCP-client mode there is no DHCP-request to the router (AVM Fritz!Box 7490).

The goal is to have a 6-port switch with a IPv4/IPv6 bridge-interface with static IP-adresses. Eventually I’ll add tap devices for encapsulation and VPN.

Does anyone have an idea how to configure this?

Thanx for any hint! :smiley:

Sounds like you messed something up :smile:. Did you read this?:

https://doc.turris.cz/doc/en/howto/vlan_settings_omnia

Yes, I even have a printout on my desk. :wink:

I tried to configure the Turris Omnia about 20 times with different VLAN/switch/Interface settings but couldn’t get it working as 6-port switch. Every time I did a ‘Rollback to factory reset’ before (reset with 3 LEDs active).

TurrisOS is MedKit latest downloaded on thursday.

I also selected “Disable DHCP server on network device” as DHCP is provided by the Fritz!Box.

Does TurrisOS do any filtering in the bridge device?

Got it working! :slightly_smiling_face:
Even if VLAN functionality is disabled VLAN1 must not be deleted. Instead set all ports to ‘untagged’.

This happens on a Mikrotik Routerboard RB493G with OpenWRT 15.05.1, too.

Hello I have a multiple link(two Cable connect on flat switch…i want to separate one of the link connection to avoid looping of traffic…i want to use vlan on the switch that can communicate from one switch to another switch without affecting the other link…purpose of this is failover…please need help

If your switches support the Spanning Tree protocol, you can connect everything as you like and the Spanning Tree protocol will make sure there are no loops. It has to be enabled on all ports in your wiring with possible loops.