I have an Omnia that I got back in 2018. Recently, the WiFi has become a little bit flaky.
- After rebooting the router for a software update, sometimes the WiFi doesn’t work until a second reboot
- WiFi is slow, but the Internet connection on wired devices is fine
- All the devices I’m using are on the desk where the router is (-53 dBm to -49 dBm)
- The Internet pipe downloads at 12 MB/s, but currently I’m only getting 25 KB/s for Nintendo-game updates according to http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/luci/admin/status/realtime/bandwidth
- image downloads on the iPad are slow (takes tens of seconds to download JPEGs under 1 MB)
- radio0 is Qualcomm Atheros QCA9880 802.11bgnac, using 5 GHz and 802.11ac with 80 MHz wide channel
- no guest network
I haven’t changed the WiFi settings in several years. The most I’ve done with the router is dust and vacuum around it and let it update its firmware when it wants to.
What can/should I do to debug and/or fix this?
Thanks in advance!