Related to update?

I haven’t installed the update yet, but I think this is related, but I’ve been getting the following error for a couple days:

Error notifications
===================
Updater failed: 

inconsistent: Requested package python-ctypes that is not available.

I’m pretty sure I don’t need that package, so I’ll remove it and see what happens. Does this package change in Turris OS 6.0?

Hello @jklaas,

Since OpenWrt 21.02 version, there was removed all Python2 packages. If you need the package, then please use the Python3 variant - python3-ctypes.

Thank you for the information.

So, removing the package python-ctypes gives the following:

Collected errors:
 * print_dependents_warning: Package python-ctypes is depended upon by packages:
 * print_dependents_warning: 	python
 * print_dependents_warning: These might cease to work if package python-ctypes is removed.

I assume it’s safe to assume this will have no effect on the update itself if I remove python (not python3)?

It will have no effect on the update itself, but it can have some impacts on your (probably custom) scripts, which requires Python2.

OK, thanks. I’ll just have to adjust that as I need. It might just be cruft.

1 Like

hello
Similar issue here

Error notifications
===================
Updater failed: 

inconsistent: Requested package iputils-traceroute6 that is not available.

~$ sudo opkg install iputils-traceroute6
Package iputils-traceroute6 (20101006-1) installed in root is up to date.

TOS 5.4.4 HBS

Any idea ?

It seems you installed manually package iputils-traceroute6, in that case, remove it as the IPv6 support was merged into one package. [1] In all Turris OS versions, we are having iputils package together with the traceroute, so no need to explicitly do anything else after removal as there will be installed iputils-traceroute.

[1] https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/1804#issuecomment-462020190

1 Like

Thanks you
I did the TOS6 upgrade :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.