Raspberry Pi 4 can't connect after update

Ever since the upgrade to 5.3.4, my Raspberry Pi 4 running LibreElec will not connect to the Turris Omnia Access point. I have a Roku and an Android phone and another computer that work just fine though. I rebuilt the LibreElec configuration just in case something went wrong there, but no change. I checked the system log and I see lines such as:

Feb 6 19:08:14 turris hostapd: wlan0: STA dc:a6:32:xx:xx:xx IEEE 802.11: did not acknowledge authentication response
Feb 6 19:08:33 turris hostapd: wlan0: STA dc:a6:32:xx:xx:xx IEEE 802.11: did not acknowledge authentication response
Feb 6 19:09:02 turris hostapd: wlan0: STA dc:a6:32:xx:xx:xx IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to inactivity (timer DEAUTH/REMOVE)

Not sure if it’s related to the issue though. I did notice in the changelog for version 5.3.4 that mac80211 was updated.

Not sure what to do at this point. Checked the forums for anything similar but didn’t see it. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi there @Zorix,

How is your wifi Access Point configured - from reForis or LuCI?
What encryption method (WPA2, WPA3 or WPA2/WPA3) is used?
Take a look at either /etc/config/wireless or just see it in LuCI.

I am not familiar with LibreElec (how is it installed, kept up to date, and so on), but hasn’t there been some automatic update, by any chance?

Could you take a look at logs at LibreElec? There will most likely be reason for failed attempt to connect.

Hi. Thanks for your response. I actually got it working again. I went in LuCI and hit restart on the WiFi interfaces and then it started working again. I noticed a couple other devices I forgot I had, suddenly connected as well, so it was not just LibreElec as I thought at first. It’s a strange issue, never encountered that before. I have had this Omnia since the crowdfunding campaign and it’s been flawless.

Thanks again, and can’t wait for a new hardware version some day. This one is getting old and I hope it stays healthy until then.