Question: How to have ipmitool on Turris Omnia

Is there repository with binary builds for packages listed here https://gitlab.labs.nic.cz/turris/turris-os-packages?

Some repository that could be added to luci->system->software->configuration.

My goal is to get ipmitool on omnia.

How?

Hello,
ipmitool isn’t available on Turris Omnia.

Here you can list all packages, which are available on Turris Omnia: https://repo.turris.cz/omnia/packages

When there isn’t package, which you want you have 4 options:

1. Spend time and compile it by yourself
  2. Be polite and patient, because you would need to ask for adding it in Turris OS repository.
    You have two ways, how to do it
    a) sending e-mail to: tech.support(at)turris(dot)cz
    b) create issue on Gitlab
  3. Wait for miracle (Just kidding. :wink: ) Hopefully we should have all packages, which are available in LEDE in Spring 2018
  4. Compile it and send a pull request

Shortened from my response about package: mt76

And I almost forget, please next time, when you’re creating thread use proper thread’s name.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Pepe

Ok.

What’s turris-os-packages on gitlab ? (and is there repository of binary builds from that gitlab repository)

Why you’re looking in archives? :slight_smile: As you can see the commit, which you showed me is 6 years old.
You can’t find it in stable or test repository that means it was removed. Can’t tell you when or why.

But…
This is very similar case as I mention, when I was requesting package mt76.
Respond from Turris member: “From git log: Remove as it doesn’t build and we don’t need it”

I was looking there because entire repository (Turris / Turris OS / Turris OS packages · GitLab) has recent commits and ipmi package still is there (old version indeed but it is there). Repository also has no README, so I was guessing what it is.

Thanks, now I know that turris-os-packages contains everything and not only “production” material.

Hi,

I couldn’t find any other topic related to IPMItools, so I’ll carry on here. As far as I can see, ipmitool is still missing in TurrisOS, am I right? OpenWRT 18.06.0-rc1 ships it, at least on ar71xx/MIPS:

# ipmitool -V
ipmitool version 1.8.18
# cat /etc/openwrt_release
DISTRIB_ID='OpenWrt'
DISTRIB_RELEASE='18.06.0-rc1'
DISTRIB_REVISION='r7090-d2aa3a1b62'
DISTRIB_TARGET='ar71xx/generic'
DISTRIB_ARCH='mips_24kc'
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION='OpenWrt 18.06.0-rc1 r7090-d2aa3a1b62'
DISTRIB_TAINTS=''
#

Could you please start packaging it for TurrisOS?

Hello,

it’s possible that it was removed, because it doesn’t build and we don’t use.

This is the second request, which we get after a long time in this thread. I have created the issue on our Gitlab, where you’ll see progress, if there will be any. I’ve assigned the issue to myself and I’ll try to look at it. I don’t want to promise you anything, because I don’t know how the things will go.

Cheers mate.

Many years and OpenWRT versions ago I compiled it for myself (on MIPS), but at the moment I do not have such a powerful x86 host at home running Linux. If I manage to set up a cross-compile environment on my SmartOS “virtualisation lab” in a zone and compile it, I’ll let you know.

+1 on wanting ipmitool in turris omnia. Or actually, I want it in an lxc container but since it requires kernel modules which have to be in the host I can’t add it there, it has to go into the omnia for the kernel modules to be available in my ubuntu lxc container.

+1 ipmitool can really useful