Omnia is spamming me with dev-detect messages

Hi,

One of my Omnias is spamming me with messages from dev-detect:

>     News announcements
    New device appeared on your  network (MAC address 02:75:c1:bb:xx:xx)

I did get this even more time in one message and 112 emails with the same content.

I’ve checked the mac address and its one of my LXC containers that is running all the time so it should be already known device. Somehow it’s not. Any advice?

For now I have disabled new devices detection on that Omnia…

Hi AreYouLoco

I too have had some strangeness in this area. Somewhere about 2-3 upgrades ago (I consider a real upgrade, one that requires a reboot after installation) I started getting “dev-detect” messages for ALL of my external hardware. I started looking in to this and basically found, now every the Omnia reboots for any reason, I get a “dev-detect” notice every time a device connects for the FIRST time after the reboot. (Emphasis on “one time only” in my case), I am lucky in my case and I am not spammed. I still found it concerning. I have static IP’s on every device and I have a reserved address for every device on my OMNIA. I only have one lease and it’s a device I can’t manually configure.
I really think this should not be happening with all the extra effort to static and reserve everything. (I did this because my ARP traffic ended up going straight in orbit. (like 50% of all traffic)). I have some devices I use, but don’t have them on line all the time because they are such power hogs. (They destroy my UPS systems,“while on battery” run time. So these devices can be offline or days or even a week or too.)
but they do get reported when I do put them on line regardless of time expired since last reboot. I have not worried to much about my problem once I pinned it down, I really don’t care now. I am mentioning it just because it started about three upgrades ago (2 reboots), so something has changed in the kernel. I don’t know if it is something of a bug? (worth reporting?) as I have not ever done this (and really don’t know how). I left my “dev-detect” active because it only happens occasionally (after re-boots). I have a hard recovery list that contains every static IP and Mac ID of every device I own, so I just now quickly check them when I see them come up and I know my Omnia has rebooted when it happens.

My Current Firmware Version (right now) TurrisOS 5.3.0
5e8b9624f1791d193e8d5e007ce4c873454f014a /
LuCI branch git-21.301.66621-6335d0f

In light of my experience, if you feel like it might be a Kernel bug, feel free to report it

IdahoKid.