Nut Standoffs to High and Improper

I took Omnia apart to night to install the mSata SSD.

The standoffs are too long. The MPCIe cards should be parallel to the main PCB but there not.

The cards are raised up a bit at the back(screw end).
This is improper. That brings question a proper spring contact loading at the connector pins with the cards in this state. Contact surface area squared and proper current conduction through the that contact area. Again, the MPCIe card really should be parallel to the main PCB.

Maybe you get away with it. Then maybe not. But it still isn’t proper period.

R/
emurach

Could this potentially damage the (standard / default) WiFi cards? :astonished:

And/or any (other) issues during the install of the mSATA SSD, besides it being improper?

(I’m asking as I am planning on buying an mSATA SSD myself in favor of my LXC containers)

Not really the Cards per say. But the Connector jack pin over time yes.

Extreme Example.

5V 5000W power supply. Two Stud terminals and to Termianal Lug and two Nut Washer stackups.

What the difference from torque down your nuts and not.

Torqued. Proper current Area. Studs maybe warm.

Not Torques. The 7/16 Stauds are glowing Cherry Red.

What was the difference. Achieved Contact area. In both cases the current flowed. But the the Later though a much smaller surface area. Thus density of current was much much higher. Beyond the material at the contact areas. Thus
the material heats up big time.

Doesn’t matter the scale here. Large on tiny. The contact in the MPCIe jack have a limit based on proper surface area
contact. That area and torque down on that area. Violate that and the contact high up. They could slowly burn up over time. This chars them up and stop conducting so well.

The current flowing trough those contacts is so small, so I don’t really think that they would glow red or burn up…

Really? Do you have any source for this? Because from my observations from various laptops, many MiniPCIe cards are raised a little at the screw end, so I consider it normal.

I haven’t checked any norms, though.

The data sheets for the specific MM60(?) socket from JAE should have that referenced.