No SFP connectivity after upgrade from 3.x

Exactly the same issue here.

First my WAN interface was unassigned (same as this issue Upgrade from 3.x to 5.3.2 broke WAN - #5 by hrbac - SW bugs discussion - Turris forum)

But even after assigning it, it is still inactive with no DHCP connectivity:

Called my ISP and they can’t see the router at all.

Here it is:

Check if the dhcp client is running by ps aux | grep udhcpc and paste the output here, please.

dnsmasq seems to be running fine for me:

udp    UNCONN  0       0                           0.0.0.0:67            0.0.0.0:*      users:(("dnsmasq",pid=22592,fd=4))

Syntax check passed fine.

However, no udhcpc in ps output:

root@turris:~# ps aux | grep udhcpc
root     22920  0.0  0.0   1196   548 pts/0    S+   13:10   0:00 grep udhcpc 

And a no lease, failing output for udhcpc when running dnsmasq:

root@turris:~# service dnsmasq enable && service dnsmasq restart 
udhcpc: started, v1.30.1
udhcpc: sending discover
udhcpc: no lease, failing

By the way, have you noticed that your eth2 inteface does not recognize a link?

eth2: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state DOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 532
    link/ether d8:58:CA:FE:BA:BE brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff promiscuity 0 addrgenmode eui64 numtxqueues 8 numrxqueues 8 gso_max_size 65536 gso_max_segs 100 

Please check your cabling first.

Just rechecked all the cabling (but nothing changed since last night), and reconnected everything.

No change, still getting

eth2: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP>

I currently don’t have a spare SFP cable and router to troubleshoot where exactly the issue seems to be, but will try to get one asap. Would appreciate any other ideas in the meantime.

You should contact your ISP to troubleshoot the line, too.

By the way, what technology do you use to get connected to the Internet? Is it DSL, FTTx, GPON or something else?

That I don’t know off the top of my head, quick search of the ISP website didn’t give me the exact details:

Okay. Do you have the SFP inserted in Omnia or do you use the ethernet WAN port?

This was the issue:

Had to run:

ln -sf armada-385-turris-omnia-sfp.dtb /boot/dtb

ISP pointed me to the solution.

1 Like

But you didn’t write about SFP.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.