Nextcloud Turris OS 6.4.0

After updating Turris OS (Turris HW 1.1) to version 6.4.0 my Nextcloud instance offer update to version 24.0.12. But update didn’t proceed, neither from nofication on nextcloud webpage or from occ (sudo -u nobody php-cli /srv/www/nextcloud/occ upgrade).
I reverted it back to Turris OS 6.3.3 and I restored updater backup (data /updater-*/backups/) and Nextcloud is OK again.
Nextcloud apps store didn’t work for me, so I installed apps manually and Nextcloud database is quite big.
Is there a guide how to proceed with upgrade?

Also, bear in mind that if you are using Nextcloud from our repositories, you shouldn’t update the Nextcloud core manually , as that would get overwritten by the next update. So update just your extra apps and leave the core to us.

Documentation is not updated to reflect recent change made in Turris OS 6.4.0.

1 Like

Yes, I didn’t want to update, but I had no choice. After Turris OS 6.4.0 update Nextcloud server stopped to work and offered mi upgrade.

I had Nextcloud working. Somehow it disappeared after the last update (6.4.0). Cannot install it from packages. Any ideas?

You can try opkg list-installed | grep nextcloud (using ssh), to check if nextcloud packages are installed…

It’s nice to have automatic updates (if they work, which can never be guaranteed due to fragmentation), but for how long? Too bad this option didn’t come sooner.

My update also failed. I didn’t have time for finding the reason yet.

It seems like its not installed.

Weird because it is marked in the packages section. If I try to install it via luci, i get this;

Collected errors:

• check_conflicts_for: The following packages conflict with php8:
  • check_conflicts_for: php7 *
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package nextcloud.

Update probably always fails with this error (/srv/www/nextcloud/data/nextcloud.log):

{“reqId”:“fByqwKsk8sGFRwWk5Nqn”,“level”:3,“time”:“2023-08-08T08:33:34+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:"****************",“user”:"–",“app”:“PHP”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/nextcloud/core/ajax/update.php?requesttoken=UPdY3ZZVezx4BvtaqZILbhOCHO7t24cR8%2FvcylAGHJ8%3D%3AHr0Ph9otDkQhd8s%2Bxr1ZJnbEU4bfjOlmi9StmgA0c%2FA%3D",“message”:“TypeError: strpos(): Argument #1 ($haystack) must be of type string, bool given at /srv/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Http/Client/LocalAddressChecker.php#82”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/115.0.0.0 Safari/537.36”,“version”:“24.0.9.2”,“data”:{“app”:“PHP”}}

The same problem is reported here…but it was closed with no resolution: