Nextcloud server - unsupporred version?

Hi,

my android app is constanty complaining about the nextcloud server being too old . I am on turris omnia 3.11.23 . Any change to upgrade nextcloud bundled in there ?

Hi,
upgrade your TurrisOS from 3.x to 5.x probably helps you, because:

• TurrisOS 3.x contains NextCloud version 17.0.5
  • TurrisOS 5.1.x contains NextCloud version 18.0.7 (currently in the HBS branch)
  • TurrisOS 5.2.x contains NextCloud version 19.0.3 (currently in the HBT branch)

Any new features won’t be added to the TurrisOS 3.x, only security fixies.

Here is the link to the documentation describing migration procedure.

Thank you for the suggestion, but i dont want to do that as i have a bunch of this installed that are marked obsolete so there is a high chance that something will break and i dont want to spend too much time putting it back together.

I would add that in the development version of Turris OS 5.3 (in the HBL branch), there is already version 20.0.4. Currently, we are having some issues with the build system for Turris OS 3.x, and also, for now, I don’t have any plans to update Nextcloud there. Maybe in the future, but no promises.

Thanks for the info.

I have also tried alternative clients for android.
FolderSync android app seems to work with my nextcloud and behave sanely, but does not support creating timestamp folders for camera upload.