Netboot UI missing from reForis after update, MOX will not boot over PXE, commandline config throws error

I am using Turris Omnia and MOX as a Wifi AP booted over netboot. Worked like a charm after I changed the MOX Wifi band to 5Ghz (mainly for throughtput)
Omnia info : SW Verze reForisu|1.3.1||Verze Turris OS|6.0||Větev Turris OS|[HBT]|Verze kernelu|5.15.74|

Today the Turris updater updated some packages, and was asking for a reboot.
After reboot the UI for Netboot disappeared. Well okay, I can check with commandline.
AP is still accepted - but will not boot. Okay, revoke and make a new config. Nope.
I have tried to revoke and got an error. It looks like there is either bug or netboot got deprecated?

root@turris:~# netboot-manager list-accepted
Accepted:

root@turris:~# netboot-manager revoke 56639902693
Log: api: try_lock: open lock file failed
Device couldn’t be opened.
crypto-wrapper: error: Failed to run command ‘atsha204cmd serial-number’
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/bin/foris-client”, line 33, in
sys.exit(load_entry_point(‘foris-client==1.0.4’, ‘console_scripts’, ‘foris-client’)())
File “/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/foris_client/client/main.py”, line 136, in main
File “/usr/lib/python3.9/argparse.py”, line 1825, in parse_args
File “/usr/lib/python3.9/argparse.py”, line 1858, in parse_known_args
File “/usr/lib/python3.9/argparse.py”, line 2049, in _parse_known_args
File “/usr/lib/python3.9/argparse.py”, line 2026, in consume_positionals
File “/usr/lib/python3.9/argparse.py”, line 1935, in take_action
File “/usr/lib/python3.9/argparse.py”, line 1214, in call
File “/usr/lib/python3.9/argparse.py”, line 1858, in parse_known_args
File “/usr/lib/python3.9/argparse.py”, line 2067, in _parse_known_args
File “/usr/lib/python3.9/argparse.py”, line 2007, in consume_optional
File “/usr/lib/python3.9/argparse.py”, line 1919, in take_action
File “/usr/lib/python3.9/argparse.py”, line 2450, in _get_values
File “/usr/lib/python3.9/argparse.py”, line 2483, in _get_value
File “/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/foris_client/client/main.py”, line 131, in
File “/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/foris_client/utils.py”, line 8, in read_passwd_file
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘/etc/fosquitto/credentials.plain’
Regenerating configuration…
Signing kernels…
root@turris:~# netboot-manager list-accepted
Accepted:

Any help would be appreciated.
M

1 Like

I’m having the exact same problem here…

Similar problem here. The AP does not work after updatinmg Omnia to 6.0. The netboot option is not present in reForris.

similar issue happened to me today. Still not fully sure what was the core reason, but quite probable scenario was bringing kernel into some weird state by (mis) configuring (in)compatible(?) kmod (wireguard in my case) and then booting in mode without any kernel modules.

Lot of features were broken, including IPv4 masquerade, and also atsha204cmd serial-number command mentioned above was failing, causing not-working Foris.

Interesting sign in my case was that lsmod was returning empty list, that hinted me that there is something weird going on.

Fix was to rollback with CLI schnapps to the state before I started to toy with wireguard.