MOX A - vlan definition on one ethernet

I would like to test MOX A with only one Ethernet interface in its natural function, as a router. I would like to define two vlan on eth0. Vlan 0 for the internet connection and Vlan20 for the private network. Can you please advise me how to achieve this?

Kind Regards,
Liquid

As far as I can tell there is no switch chip on any of the modules and thus hardware backed VLAN seems not likely?

VRF is not supported

Then perhaps with openvswitch as software emulated vlan?

Just create/use existing LAN/WAN interfaces.

In LuCi -> Network -> Interfaces -> WAN/LAN -> Physical settings set eth0/eth0.20 (create eth0.20 using „custom interface“) for WAN/LAN

I did not test this on Turris MOX but on other OpenWRT devices, this should work.

EDIT: Works at least on Turris Omnia WAN Port (not using its switch-chip at all)

LuCI is only generating/displaying a config that can be parsed by uci. Does eth0.20 actually show up as iface with ls -l /sys/class/net or ifconfig or ip l or ip a?

I didn‘t issue these commands but I did test my setup with a managed netgear switch to have only one ethernat-cable connected to TO’s WAN Port that serves both LAN and WAN (Coming from Modem) on diffrent ports (Similar to what @liquid tries to set up).

This setup worked, I tested it by pinging all relevant destinations. However I reverted this setup because it was for testing only.

EDIT: I think you mix up vlan known to TO‘s CPU and vlan on switch chip (See my answear to your other thread) (Switch chip not working?)

Thank you for your help. I really could set it this way.
LuCi - Network - Interfaces - WAN/LAN - Physical settings set eth0/eth0.20

It was a surprise for me that I can easily define the vlan on the interface without a switch-chip just by defining new custom interface eth0"dot"+vlan number.

Liquid

You‘re welcome.

See my answear here: Switch chip not working?

A switch chip is like a second built in network device. But it‘s not needed for vlan support (Most Linux PCs have VLAN support which you can set up in network settings, even if they have just one Ethernet port)

EDIT: And defining a new iface like this is how it works in OpenWRT