Migration to 5.1.4 works on emmc but fails on msata and EXTREMLY SLOW ON WLAN. In-depth knowledge needed for firmware loading errors & wan degradation

Sorry for not beeing more clear, I meant if I run a download speed test on the eth2 (wan) interface from speedtest.net and I do this on the TO ssh shell it downloads with ~500Mbps. And when using port4 I also get ~500Mbps on the connected client. However when I connect any client through lan 0-3 (so on switch of the TO) speed is down to ~13-14 mbps on every of those ports. Also when I connect the same client which gets 500Mbps on LAN4.

Thats the reason why I say the is a problem with TO’s switch somehow

I was thinking if I should write something here as for me, it seems that there are happening some misunderstanding and I said to myself why not.

You can not expect from us that we are responding during weekends, holidays, and so on. Unfortunately, the forum is the only way how we can get feedback for releases, and from time to time, I am looking at what’s new and replying to something, but it might be possible that I can miss something when threads are long.

The main purpose of this forum is that it is mainly community-driven. Also, it is a place, where you can help others. For example things like advanced setups and discussing what works for others and so on.

On the other hand, it does not help that developers are not responding, there are major fuckups in experimental opt-in migration if there are no logs/diagnostics provided neither clear description. If you want to get help, here is the documentation for Getting help and you can see that there is the only way, how to reach our Technical support department, which needs to be done via e-mail because the forum is not a bug tracker.

We don’t have a crystal ball, which can provide us insights into what was wrong in your case. I would even say that it does not help if you are saying that things are totally screwed up and that you are frustrated, angry. Because as you can see no one else here reported that there are issues with speed as you do. It could be related to HW and using PoE, misconfiguration. But I am glad that we reached the end here https://gitlab.nic.cz/turris/turris-build/-/issues/227#note_191275 and that it was related to your configuration SQM. Now it’s up to us to investigate if that happens to default configurations, how it happened at all.

And yeah, we expect that in some cases the migration, which is still experimental and opt-in that there can be some issues and we need to narrow them down or at least have it documented. We are not thinking that we will migrate all the routers smoothly.

For now, I am closing this thread.