Brand spanking new owner of the Turris Omnia here: bought it after a few enthusiasts in my surroundings convinced me I could use it to - in time - remove google from my life entirely (which I am very much looking forward to).
As part of the setup I wanted, I needed to build in a mSATA disk. With some help, I found a very helpful video that has been floating around on the fora here, which describes how to install the mSATA disk.
Unfortunately, I couldn’t follow the instructions as provided in this video: apparently the length of the wires running between the wireless modules and the physical antennas have changed. Where the wires in the video were long enough to swap around the modules as suggested, the cables were too short to move any of the wireless modules to any of the other slots than the one in which they were positioned (which matched the starting scenario of the video).
Luckily, the wires can be removed/reconnected without special tools and I noticed that if I would swap the two wires connected to the right antenna (viewing the Omnia with leds facing you, ports at the back), the wires were long enough to move the small wireless module to the left most position as instructed in the video, freeing up the needed mSATA slot.
I just wanted to make the developers of the Omnia aware of this issue and help out any users that bump into the same issue. I am not sure whether this is a “one-of” scenario, but as I typically know manufacturing to be strongly controlled via strict instructions, there might be something else going on here. In any way, I wouldn’t expect a router to be delivered in such a way that swapping the modules around is impossible without doing some “rewiring”.
As stated: the issue has been resolved easily, but I reckoned I’d share my issue and workaround here so it could potentially be fixed during manufacturing or - at the very least - save those who have the same issue some time and/or worries.