Latest update of devices?

When was latest update of turris omnia ?
And when of turris shield ?

Two months ago:
HBS (stable) - turris-version_5.1.10 - 2021-03-04 12:04

I kind of disagree with that answer. In the one hand it’s correct but in the other hand for devices running version 3.xy tha latest update is more far as long as the automated update/migration from 3.xy to 5.ab is not supported.
I wish I could just update to tha latest 5.ab version…

Kind regards
Chris

I see 3.11.23 from 2021-01-29 (three months ago). But I expect you’re missing “larger” updates than what 3.x is receiving.

Yes, that’s true. Just as an example: NextCloud is very outdated with its PHP5.x core…
There’s no need for me to keep 3.x but no way to update either. I did try the manual upgrade way but got massive problems and needed to restore my full backup… Not that satisfying, if you know what I mean. :wink:

1 Like

It is different results, if you have WLAN or if you do it via cable.
In case of cable, try to login first, with any WLAN device switched off.
Then slowly try to update only via eth0 ? Or ?
Did I understand you wrong ? Well, it is difficult to switch off WLAN completely.
It seems that we all are on-air unaware, when you have a new modern
heater in household - there might be chip too ?!

Nah, depends on calender settings too …
uhrks-muhrks …

You might want to attempt migration again if you have some free time on your hands. With release of Turris OS 5.2.0 a lot of fixes landed for migration process.

1 Like

I’ll do for sure. Thank you so much for nudging me to get my attention on this topic again! :slight_smile:

kind regards
Chris

Hi Folks,

I did the TOS upgrade and it went very well… But it completely messed with the Nextcloud upgrade process… For everyone coming around, here’s what I did to recover my Nextcloud installation: Upgrade from TOS 3 to TOS 5 kills nextcloud installation

kind regards
Chris