ISP Configuration - Deutsche Telekom with VOIP

Aus dem “Zugangsdaten-Brief” do not type the < or > brackets, they are just for readability
DUID = Anschlusskennung
LOGIN: @t-online.de
The Easy Login option can be disabled in telekom account settings - I did disable the easy login. This requires you to enter your login and password in the configuration (VOIP, Internet).

Network configuration

• Adjust LOGIN and PASSWORD below!
  • The config is for Turris OS 4.x, for 3.x just replace eth2 with eth1 everywhere

/etc/config/network:

config interface 'loopback'
	option ifname 'lo'
	option proto 'static'
	option ipaddr '127.0.0.1'
	option netmask '255.0.0.0'

config globals 'globals'
	option ula_prefix 'fd10:0e33:2f04::/48'

config interface 'lan'
	option type 'bridge'
	option proto 'static'
	option ipaddr '192.168.1.1'
	option netmask '255.255.255.0'
	option ip6assign '60'
	option bridge_empty '1'
	list ifname 'lan0'
	list ifname 'lan1'
	list ifname 'lan2'
	list ifname 'lan3'
	list ifname 'lan4'

config interface 'wan'
	option proto 'pppoe'
	option ipv6 '1'
	option ifname 'eth2.7'
	option _orig_ifname 'eth2'
	option _orig_bridge 'false'
	option username LOGIN_SEE_ABOVE
	option password YOUR_PASSWORD

config interface 'wan6'
	option ifname '@wan'
	option proto 'dhcpv6'
	option auto '1'

Hardware setup / Modem
Speedport Smart (rented from Deutsche Telekom included in the contract or approx 5€/month) all the router functionality can be disabled and the device can be used as a modem see instruction manual for details

Voice-over-IP

Registrar: tel.t-online.de
STUN-Server:  stun.t-online.de

DUID :  *Anschlusskennung*
LOGIN: *see above*

I use an ancient Fritzbox 7312 to connect a DECT phone, this cheap solution works well…I guess any router would do the job. I tested some smartphone-sip app - worked as well…

In the long run it would be great to have some drop-down-menu in the foris first-run-wizard just requiring the user to type in credentials (if necessary) for different ISPs - pretty much like what email software does for mail providers.

So this is a start to collect the relevant information, meanwhile it would make sense to add a toplevel topic labeld “Internet Configuration” or some other catchy name.

@slepton Frage: Ist das eine Routerkaskade mit FritzBox + Turris oder ist das ein Turris an der Telefonleitung als Modem und ohne FritzBox im Betrieb??

Speedport Smart wird als reines Modem betrieben, den Rest kann man abschalten. Turris Omina ist der einzige Router , die fritzbox hängt nur für sip am Router damit ein altes analog Telefon angeschlossen werden kann.

Verkabelung:

DSL —> Speedport Modem -> Turris WAN

Turris Lan —>Fritzbox->Telefon

@slepton Thanks for the quick reply.
So you have Prefix Delegation working? Tell me how … there is an issue about re-connect if your FB was booted later than the TO. :frowning:
Other issues?
OK, I found ways …

The problem about a common topic “Internet Configuration” is: Each guy posts with a completely different perspective. Not knowing how to use the search engine! Then Conway’s Law kicks in and ends up with plenty of stuff in parallel.

serach engine? Never used! For sissies only! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The Problems which appear to be solved , were an interesting read , most of what I have never heard of before…honestly the/my Solution is VERY simple : use a Modem , Flash a current 4.x medkit and copy the file i posted above, optionally configure wifi: this will give you a reliable Internet connection ( for Version 3.x Replace eth2 with eth1 - worked fine for >1 year) . If this setup is working, an additional router (the fritzbox) can be added for voip/sip
I hope this is clear , honestly I don’t understand if you have a question or a concern, anyways feel free to ask about details, German might be easier to sort it out. Disclaimer: I just like networks and computers, but I don’t have a degree or formal education in computer science - just a physics master, thus you might need to phrase things more verbose :wink: