Intel 9260 wifi card

I have Intel 9260 card (reference)

and I’d like to replace two wifi modules with a modern single one. Can I do that with the adapter like this one?

I don’t know how it is with Intel card support in AP mode on Omnia but even if it would work I doubt it could do both bands concurrently (and I’m not aware of any single card that can do this ATM)

So you could replace both cards only in case you don’t need both bands. By replacing just 5GHz you will gain MU-MIMO, 160Hz channel width and Bluetooth?! (depends of Linux/OpenWrt support of course) and loose one spatial stream (Intel has 2x2, Compex 3x3) - from my personal view there’s no need for most of that (just BT maybe) until you have clients that has 160Hz or MU-MIMO capabilities

1 Like

I also can’t see any claim that the card supports simultaneous dual-band. Note that the 5G card in Omnia is a dual-band card, really. It was mentioned in this forum repeatedly that noone has yet managed to find a regular-sized card that can do both 2.4 and 5G at once.

@MiKe @vcunat Since I already have the card, the cost of the adapter is small enough to buy it only for tests. You were right, bluetooth is there and while I still not sure about the use cases of it, I’d love to give it a try.

However, the question is more about the connection and adapter. As far as I know, there could be different sets of available lines in m.2 connection in addition to different types of slot keys. Will the module work at least with this adapter in Omnia at least?

Regarding simultaneous 2.4 and 5.0, I’ve googled and it seems sad but true.

P.S. There is even a cheaper adapter available