Installing "Extensions of network protocols for 3G/LTE" from laptop

Edited to omit waffle :slight_smile:

Have re-flashed my Turris Omnia with independently downloaded:
https://repo.turris.cz/hbs/medkit/omnia-medkit-latest.tar.gz

Question: Can I also independently download: “Extensions of network protocols for 3G/LTE”. If so, where are they? Do they go by the same name? Cannot find in the repos.

If it is possible to install this from a file on my laptop, it’ll mean complete LTE independence from any form of landline. Will use the hotspot on my phone to download.

Another thought: I don’t even know if it’s possible to reverse Omnia usage: have the Omnia become a client to my Mobile phone hotspot. That would be another way, rather than car journey to a landline.

Thanks

What TOS ? Actually TOS is 5.2.4

In settings: reForis - Package management - Packages

1 Like

Thanks for that. However, I think you misunderstood me. I know about where it is on the Turris interface, but because I can’t connect with either LTE (yet) or landline, I cant install it in the usual way. Chicken and egg situation.

I was hoping there might be a file I can download from the repo via phone hotspot, then put it on a USB stick and install that way.

Or, turn the Omnia temporarily into a WiFi client - is that even possible? - and install it that way also using my mobile phone hotspot.

I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere on the Internet. Seems to be extremely rare (or weird) to only have an LTE connection to the Internet. I think a solution would help many folks in the future, as more are ditching landlines altogether as 4/5G speeds increase.

Thanks anyway, very kind of you to reply.

Hello,

the “Extensions of network protocols for 3G/LTE” option in the reForis package management tab is but a package list, not a single package. Plus there are more packages installed as dependencies. You can see what the 3g package list contains in the 3g.lua file in our repository. You would be the most concerned about the luci-proto-3g and luci-proto-qmi packages. The full list of the installed packages with dependencies is:

• wwan
  • kmod-usb-wdm
  • kmod-mii
  • kmod-usb-net
  • kmod-usb-net-qmi-wwan
  • uqmi
  • luci-proto-qmi
  • chat
  • comgt
  • luci-proto-3g
  • kmod-usb-serial
  • kmod-usb-serial-wwan
  • kmod-usb-serial-qualcomm
  • kmod-usb-serial-option
  • kmod-lib-textsearch
  • kmod-nf-nathelper-extra
  • kmod-usb-net-cdc-ether
  • kmod-usb-net-rndis
  • usb-modeswitch
  • kmod-crypto-sha1
  • kmod-mppe
  • kmod-gre
  • pptpd
  • linux-atm
  • br2684ctl

On the other hand, it is possible to connect with your Omnia to another Wi-Fi AP/hotspot as well indeed. In LuCI you can choose the Wireless option in the Network menu. If you click on a Scan button, you can choose your one.

2 Likes

That is so very helpful. I’ll keep that list glued to me. It’ll be a useful emergency tool, for when I’m on the move with Omnia in hand.

Thanks

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.