How to setup VoWifi / WLAN Calling / Voice over WLAN?

At home I have some area without WLan Access. As Far I know VoWifi use IPsec for their connection.

Any Idea how to modify my Turris Omnia to allow this Feature?

This feature must be supported by your telephone company and your telephone. You pay for the call in the same way as via LTE or 4G. It is used especially in locations where there is very poor signal coverage for the phone.

I’m not sure I don’t think it would be necessary to set anything on the router. This technology is often mistaken for VoIP (Voice Over IP).

Google recently released the highly anticipated Android 12 operating system for its Pixel devices, and other third-party devices are on the way once the beta program is completed. Although Android 12 has a lot of potential to bring a lot of features and improvements, it seems that some common problems of the user in everyday life bother a lot. Now a lot of users are asking: Is there a fix that VoLTE and VoWiFi do not work after updating Android 12?

1 Like

VoWifi shouldn’t be a problem, my provider alows it, but my router do seems not support it. It’s no problem with my providers original router.

Your original question, without mentioning any further details, is not enough for some advice. Therefore, the answer to the question “It doesn’t work … what should I change on the router” is only: there is no need to change anything on the router.

Then you have to ask your provider if you need to set up a router - but I doubt the VoWifi features need to change anything in the router’s settings. The Turris router works by default like any other router.

1 - Do you have any specific settings for Turris? DNS forward, port forward, VPN, QoS et cetera ?
2 - Why don’t you share the version of Android I asked indirectly?
3 - I miss the mention of the necessary settings directly in the youre phone.

1 Like

1- Do you have any specific settings for Turris? DNS forward, port forward, VPN, QoS et cetera ?

No Port forwarding but wireguard. I never changed anything about QoS

2 - Why don’t you share the version of Android I asked indirectly?

Sorry, We have two Android devices. Android 12 and Android 11

3 - I miss the mention of the necessary settings directly in the youre phone.

On both Device the Settings for VoWifi is set. That’s the cause why I know it work on other Router.

We now know your default terms and settings and have ruled out the possible problems with those listed.

1 - according to VoWifi, the call will switch to wifi in case of insufficient mobile signal. Is this true or should it try to use wifi whenever available? Do you have a sufficient mobile signal or is it not available in the locality?
2 - was your VPN also working on your previous router (what kind)? Or did you try the VPN disabled behavior on the Turris router?
=== Edit:
3 - what is the limited speed of your VPN in the test on servers in your country ?

1 Like

Does it work without wireguard?

I can also confirm, that VoWifi is not limited to the provider’s Modem/Router, at least in my case. It could still be the case that your provider adds that limitation on his behalf.

I played around and tried much. But I do not know what the change was. But now VoWifi works without Problems. Wireguard is still running.
:thinking:

1 Like

Sometimes it is so (unfortunately) that the user eliminates the problem, but does not know how. And does not know what was the cause of the problem to teach others :frowning:

It was just about perseverance

1 Like