How to create two seperate VLAN SSIDs on same Wi-Fi board

Here’s what I want to do: I want to connect all my relatively old and un-updated IoT devices onto a separate VLAN and Wi-Fi SSID from which my main computers/NAS etc cannot be reached. My main LAN should be 192.168.2.2 and my “IoT LAN” should be 192.168.2.3.
I thought this would be easy with Turris because I thought it would be similar to a “guest network”. However, in practice, I cannot manage to do it, and in particular I fail in the setup of DHCP. I did add both 192.168.2.x and 192.168.3.x adresses into the static DHCP list and I created interfaces that attach to the separate VLAN group. However, when the devices on the IoT network request addresses via DHCP I get all kinds of strange behaviour like non-associations (cf Wi-Fi can't connect some devices) or allocation of wrong IP addresses completely outside of the address range that I have set up (e.g. one device got 169.x.x.x from the dhcp server in Turris and I have no clue why).
Does somebody have this type of configuration work and can share his/her experience?
Thanks!

Do you speak german? I documented exactly this setup for myself in german, which I can send you if you like…

2 Likes

@protree yes I do, and would highly appreciate if you can share your setup !

Please be so kind and send it to me too

Sorry I‘m busy atm, will get back to you soon…

Perhaps post it publicly somewhere, assuming there’s nothing sensitive in there? People can use a translator in the worst case.

2 Likes

That‘s my intention :slight_smile:

I also would like to see this configuration guide.