How to auto mount various volumes at startup?

Thanks again for your continued help and interest. I guess you are right and I’ll report this as bugs.

Btw, does the system log have any indication regarding the automount in fstab when you tried it out?

Nope, nothing. Only entries I see are from my manual activities.

I still have the feeling that why it isn’t being booted has to do with a “human”-error. To take an example of mine. In the past i was screwing around with starting a cronjob in Raspbian. However i did so many things, but it just did not work.

What was the problem? In many Linux distro’s, you didn’t need to specify the directory structure of the command you wanted to execute, while the CORRECT way of using cronjobs one MUST specify the directory structure to the specific linux command. This made me almost pull out all of my hair, but finally when i came to know about it, that was just frustrating of not knowing it. So these days i blame myself 1000 times before saying it is a bug. That is why i told you to do all those things EXACTLY how i have configured them.

In fstab file also Must be specific type of file system in storages by :

option fstype `xfs` #btrfs; ext3,4 ...

in each config mount sections of mounting points
I don’t see this in your config file fstab.

The btrfs file system seems to work fine without the fstype option, so I guess it’s not mandatory. However, I also tried including it with the xfs filesystem without any effect.

@Manul

Bro, i just remembered this. In your bug reports, give a link to this thread. As we have tried multiple solutions, but none seemed to work. So for the guys who are looking in to the issue to resolve it, could also get the information we already have talked about. Because most probably they would suggest/say the problem lies with you and not being a bug. But this topic says otherwise as you have tried multiple things.

1 Like

Sorry, I only saw your post now. Thank you, that was a good suggestion at the time you made it, but I think the cases have moved beyond the point where this would be helpful by now.