[GUIDE] Advice / List of VDSL Modem Bridge for Turris Omnia/Mox for Wan & SFP especially Germany

Here is my list for VDSL-Modems you can use with Turris Omnia or Mox

I hope this helps new Turris Omnia Owners
PS: https://www.allnet-shop.de for Germany is often cheaper than Amazon and they shipping is very fast, faster than a week or two like they say on the website

4 Likes

@omni Thank you for this list.

It seems you already tested the SFP-Modules, successfully.

Maybe you also have some overview of the marketsitutation:
Have you already seen a G.FAST SFP? asking for a Friend :wink:

1 Like

also there is the Zyxel VMG-1312-B
(100Mbps, Black, Smallish)
~70e

its quite dated but was the “official” modem sold by Deutsche Telekom for Business Customers and is still recieving software updates.
works

This Vdsl2 mini Modem is also possible:

https://www.nsys.gr/en/proscend-180-t-vdsl2-sfp-modem-module-telco.html

1 Like

According to the pdf it supports profile 30a, it mentions 35b in passing, while trying to make a case for SFP-cages:
“Proscend 180-T VDSL2 SFP modem realizes the modulation of VDSL2 broadband access. It can be integrated with routers, switches or residential gateways that are equipped with a SFP type of WAN interface. There’s no more need for Service Providers to maintain more than one type of CPE device in the field or in the warehouse, moreover, this also can give them the possibility to future upgrade. Users can upgrade to any broadband access data rate easily only by plugging in different type of WAN SFPs such as VDSL2 35b/G.fast or optical TRx SFPs with the same internet box and user interface.”

hi, unfortunately no. This seems to be a g.vector / vectoring modem. I’m looking for it’s successor.

Thanks for this correction :slight_smile:

Thanks for the list this is very usefull. @omni what do you mean with “ONLY WORKS WITH UPDATED TURRIS OMNIA”? What version are you referring to? I’m currently running 3.11.6, will it be compatible?

eth1.7 does not work me think with the MOX. eth0 is Wan, and over here this PPPoE over et0.6 is not solid. does not connect after reboot, gives funny errors in forris etc…

the forris 95-96 i think, after update you got the version 100.

Oh no sorry, works for Turris Omnia, tell us the Settings for Mox in the future :slight_smile: