Garmin products unable to use Wifi despite IP address attributed

How can I capture these names? Unfortunately majordomo seems to be getting no traffic at all…

Edit: majordomo needed more time to record it:

What I actually do not know - as the webradio-stations do have different names there might be more names if i tried to access other radio-stations (but this is quite annoying as the AVR freezes as soon as you insert a not working webradiostation…)

1 Like

tmo-datum.metricowireless.com would be affected by that “fix” in libknot >= 2.6.0 (released upstream already but not in Turris yet). As always, I see no way to be certain that a device will be fixed by it until it’s tried. In the meantime you can work around by various other ways, e.g.
Yamaha receiver problem with Knot DNS

With the google-DNS-workaround it works - for both the Denon AVR and the Garmin Watch.

1 Like

The upcoming release (Turris 3.9) contains the workaround in libknot, so we expect that these smart-device problems should just disappear without needing any configuration workarounds. 3.9 RC announcement.

I can confirm my Garmin Fenix 5X and the Denon DRA-100 after updating to TO v.3.9 work without the google DNS-workaround.