Foris Storage -ERROR: not a btrfs filesystem: /srv

I tried to add a SSD as storage to my Mox (Foris 4.0.5)after I previously had problems with an USB stick.
Now I wanted to add the storage using Foris.

Unfortunetaly I am receiving the following error:

How can I resolve this?

Is this stick formated ? (formatting was done correctly ) Try other USB stick …

It is not a stick it is a new SSD in a USB3 case. The stick i used before lost integrity very quickly.

I though the whole point of the storage module was to format the SSD to BTRFS, move contents from /srv/ to the SSD and link it to /srv.

An SSD is not required for /srv. Flash drive is sufficient. How did you do when creating the /srv folder? On the way Foris?

I would consider formatting ssd-usb3 with another tool to check that the formatting btrfs will be done or will not be done correctly.

https://doc.turris.cz/doc/en/public/start#storage

Or another tool in Windows

After verifying that the formatting is correct, try create /srv again in the Foris menu

Formatting the partition manually has worked:

Unfortunately I still receive the same error in the Foris menu.

I have now managed to add it manually.
However, srv seems to be limited to 50MB.
How Can I change this?

/srv be me

But, Is not better mount point /sdb ??

I have got it working now.
Had to manually remove the existing none mount on /srv by editing /etc/mtab.

in case you formated the drive by your own and not via Foris
, you can look at /etc/config/storage and edit it

config srv 'srv'
    option uuid '<uuid of your /dev/sda>'

get the uuid using this : blkid | grep '/dev/sda' | cut -d ' ' -f3 and use that (without leading UUID=)

and reboot machine foris-storage plugin should be able to get it.

Some guys faced this issue already , so i think no harm, you just need to edit that “storage” config :slight_smile: (if there is wrong UUID or none, mounting process can’t mount it …and you get the error and becasue of /srv might exist as folder in existing mountree with differnt filesystem you get the message …in foris complaining about it

that is also way , or using fstab directly or via luci (but i remember i had some issue some time ago and i had to do it via foris anyway) … there is /etc/rc.d/S40srv (/etc/config/storage) and /etc/rc.d/S40fstab (/etc/config/fstab), mtab (/proc/mounts) is only for actualy used mounts, gone after reboot
unless you have fstab as config somewhere persistently and you do not use the uci “fstab” (resp: you did the “Generate fstab from mtab” using Luci>system>mountpoints .