I changed my configuration to disable all wireless interfaces (by changing “disabled” from 0 to 1 in all lines in /etc/config/wireless), which stops the crashing.
Now, unfortunately the SFP still doesn’t work.
I’ve tried forcing each of the available modes (phy-sfp, phy-sfp-sgmii, phy-sfp-noneg) by setting
/usr/sbin/sfpswitch.py, followed by
/etc/init.d/sfpswitch restart. With phy-sfp-noneg, the interface stays up (as expected), but it still does not receive a single byte of traffic:
eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr D8:58:D7:00:4E:DF
inet6 addr: fe80::da58:d7ff:fe00:4edf/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:58 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:16280 (15.8 KiB)
In dmesg, the last entries are:
[ 212.290650] mvneta f1034000.ethernet eth1: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control off
[ 212.290668] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth1: link becomes ready
ping6 ff02::1%eth1 yields no results, whereas, when connected to the media converter, I get duplicate replies from the router.