[Feature request] QR Code for guest wlan

Hi,

i setup a guest wifi which is easy with 3.7. For my normal wifi network i can see this qr code and it’s easy to connect to this networks.

For my guest networks i want the same feature. What i have to do to get a qr code for this new networks?

Thanks for help…

Th best way is … write your wish to technical support (by email to address "tech.support@turris.cz")

I don’t think this e-mail address is meant for feature requests.

… and what address (or place) is suitable for it?

I think it’s OK. They will handle it, because it will create ticket and somebody will redirect it to right person. :slight_smile:

But let’s wait for their respond. In the meantine I little bit edited topic’s name and added also tag.

AFAIK: They have so much work that PR would be highly appreciated.

2 Likes

Curious, I might be wrong, but on my GUI of XXX.XXX.X.X/foris/config/wifi/ I have set a check mark in the box after “Enable guest Wi-Fi”. And it shows me a QR Code (no idea if it makes automatic connection).

The explanatory text (question mark in a bubble) below the box is:

Enables Wi-Fi for guests, which is separated from LAN network. Devices connected to this network are allowed to access the internet, but aren’t allowed to access other devices and the configuration interface of the router. Parameters of the guest network can be set in the LAN tab.

Note: LAN tab links to XXX.XXX.X.X/foris/config/lan/

There in the LAN GUI XXX.XXX.X.X/foris/config/lan/ I have simply checked the box “Activate guest Wi-Fi” what delivered an address in the box after “Guest network”.

The explanatory text (question mark in a bubble) below the box is:

Guest network is used for guest Wi-Fi. It is separated from your ordinary LAN network. Devices connected to this network are allowed to access the internet, but are not allowed to access other devices and the configuration interface of the router.

HTH…

fyi

thanks for your suggestion. One of our developers has the QR code for Guest WiFi feature on his to-do list, but hasn’t had the time for it just yet. It will hopefully happen soon. As for the exporting into PDF, I am not sure that will happen - I guess the best way to do that is to make a screenshot and print that.

Best wishes,

Nora
Turris Support