Factory Reseted Omnia; need help with reintegrating NAS storage

Hi everyone,

I’ve completed a factory reset (Re-flash router from flash drive) of TO and I have been resetting up the entire system bit by bit.

Before reset, I had used Foris’s Storage plugin to set up the HDD I have within TO.

When I look at the Storage plugin page now, it correctly identified the device as sda with btrfs and its UUID.

However, the only option available is for it to be selected, so that I can click “Format and Set”.

I do not want it to be formatted, and I’ve attempted to use LuCi’s Mount Points page to mount it to /srv. But if I mount it that way, it mounted a “@” to “/srv” so I ended up with “/srv/@/pakon” rather than “/srv/pakon”.

Any advice on what I can do?

Thank you!

1. Unlink Mountpoint
  2. Check the UUID of the volume
  3. Edit /etc/config/storage and rewrite UUID:
config srv 'srv'
	option uuid 'e9978428-1f5a-4e43-b94c-ff838aeeef52'
  1. Run the service srv:
/etc/init.d/srv enable
/etc/init.d/srv start
3 Likes

Hello everybody,

I ended up with nearly the same issue after resetting my TO and restoring my old config.
What I’ve done so far:

root@turris:~# /etc/init.d/srv enable
root@turris:~# echo $?
root@turris:~# ls -al /etc/rc.d/ | grep srv
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 May 10 19:58 K90srv -> …/init.d/srv
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 May 10 19:58 S40srv -> …/init.d/srv
root@turris:~#

But after a reboot it feels like /etc/init.d/srv was never run, at least my USB thumb drive (I double checked the UUID and /etc/config/storage --> option --> uuid already.) is not mounted properly to /srv.
LuCI shows the mountpoints shown here: https://screenshots.firefox.com/keDCWUOBcGe6kkdv/192.168.1.1. The curious /srv mount seems to make Foris struggling when calling /foris/config/main/storage/ (https://screenshots.firefox.com/MdklTiQ1dvQgGwZm/192.168.1.1).
I was able to solve the latter issue by pushing the LuCI unmount button, un-/plugging the USB thumb drive and running /etc/init.d/srv start. The drive is recognized as used for /srv by Foris after that. :slight_smile:

But what’s going on while startup? Which settings could disturb the “srv” service from start?

kind regards
ChrisPHL

Hello ChrisPHL,

Can you please show me what is in your:

/etc/config/storage

and

/etc/config/fstab

In your first screenshot, it doesn’t seem like your internal NAS drive is configured properly. Mine look like this.

Also when a USB storage device is mounted, as far as I know the default mounting location is /mnt/sdX, where X is replaced by a sequential number.

Thanks.

Regards,
themediapot