DHCP Server is not working after Upgrade to 5.1.3

Hello everybody,
After upgrading from 3.0 to 5.0 and to 5.1.3, my DHCP server seems to not working on the lan.
Is there something to do to solve this ?

The DHCP V6 is working on the LAN but not the DHCP V4 …
Is there some rules to add on firewall V5.x ?

I experienced “the same” during some of the latest minor updates, though the real cause in your case might still be unrelated to mine: https://gitlab.nic.cz/turris/turris-build/-/issues/197

Thanks vcnat, I solved this by using the force option in dhcp option and create many statics leases … that seems to work now.

In my experience, 5.1.3 DHCPv4 randomly breaks after some time. Haven’t been able to get into logs, since I got to force power off router already two times.

This is not great state for router using stable branch software and running in production.

1 Like

@okias Thank you for your message!

Your issue could be similar to which one was reported to us, but without providing any logs, it is hard to know what is happening, and also, we are not able to reproduce it so far! Our routers in production do not have any issues, which you describe, which makes it a lot complicated.

Currently I see only

Nov 17 10:49:13 turris /dhcp_host_domain_ng.py: Add_lease, hostname check failed

but it works. I’ll keep my ssh when it will start failing.