Deleted current schnapps snapshot, system borked

I was recently changing some configurations on my Omnia. Before I started, I created a snapshot with schnapps. Once I was finished, I created a new snapshot and was going to delete the previous one as I didn’t need it anymore. Unfortunately I fat-fingered the schnapps delete command and deleted the latest/current snapshot instead.

From that point on, schnapps wouldn’t work anymore. I couldn’t ls / (it showed nothing, as if / was an empty directory). /proc was not mounted, and neither were /tmp, /etc and other system directories. I could still access /root, /bin and some others directly.

Eventually, something happened that broke my SSH connection to the router. I’m currently traveling so don’t have physical access to the device. I can ask someone at home to do basic things like rebooting it but nothing that requires any admin expertise.

Right now the router is working - I can still access other computers in the house via VPN, so I know things are online. From one of my servers, I can ping the router, resolve DNS on pihole - which is running on an LXC container on the router itself, so that’s also working. LuCI is not working (404).

Unfortunately I can’t SSH in to do any kind of troubleshooting:

❯ ssh -v turris
[ssht] Will try to attach to a tmux session on login.
OpenSSH_9.0p1, LibreSSL 3.3.6
(...)
debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_9.0
kex_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer
Connection reset by 192.168.1.1 port 22

I’m slightly afraid of having someone reboot the router and bricking it in the process. Is anyone able to tell me what will happen on the next reboot?