Color of your Turris Omnia

I voted for lime :green_heart: :relaxed:

1 Like

I found in my email these six colors to choose from. :slight_smile:

hey guys, how about making a batch of the Silver white? How many more of us wants to order a white one?

Boys, boys!

You don’t know that the case is used for cooling? And that black and white (light) color emit a heat fundamentally different??

Bright case you go wrong CPU cooling!

The color might not have such a big impact. It depends on the absorption and transmittance in the infrared spectrum which we cannot see with our eyes. That being said, black is the best cooling color, but that’s black in the infrared for temperatures we are talking about. A white color can be black in infrared.

Emissivity of heat influence of white color with drops of around 10%.

In General, the greater the influence of gloss of the surface (paint or metal). Even with the black color decides whether Matt or high-gloss. If applied brushed metal drop would have been much higher and more than 50%.

Edit 1.8.17 type of heat transfer - there are: heat conduction, convection, and the flow of heat. The overall efficiency of cooling depends on the ambient temperature, air movement, vertical or horizontal position, the size of the spaces under the box and last on the color of the box. I can’t say what proportion and importance of the individual components.

The optimum is to place the router in a cool well-ventilated places without resources of radiant heat in the inclined or vertical position, with the greater gap from the ground, housing color matte black.

In my experience of NB cooling is of fundamental importance to enlargement the pad with stand. This significantly improves the heat transfer a large lower part NB.

I personally would have started with the location of the router on such a step pad (the stand), where the router will be slightly diagonally to the mat and the gap is in the range of 0.5-1 cm to 2-7. a second my preferences is the vertical position.

1 Like

I have a silver Omnia and the temperature is rather lower than I’m reading here in the discussion. The silver box is not sprayed with any color and I think it’s taking the temperature much better. It’s only polished aluminum without any other modifications. I do not think the color will have a major effect on the temperature of such a small box.