Buying a Turris Omnia

Where did you read it? Before saying this, I would rather gather more details about it. For example, this one GDPR countdown and compliance - #15 by HAWK - community - Discourse Meta and we together as Discourse follows GDPR. This means you can anonymize your personal data, but before doing that you should let us know clearly about not just in some thread post. Something like this in OpenWrt forum (same forum software they are using) even there you can not delete yourself account. This approach is usually common by other websites as well. We are not reading all the threads. Discourse, the forum software which we are using is GDPR-compliant way.

And here we go again. We had a similar discussion in OpenWrt forum, don’t you think? You were shouting how you can not flash OpenWrt and that I didn’t try it myself, etcetera and then it was user fault, right? It is working as it should. :wink: Now, you have snapshots and it seemed you are satisfied as you apologized to me privately and now we have it again. I’m wondering that you didn’t complain to OpenWrt devs about their bugs and so on.

To me it appears you were using for most of the time dev builds and tried things, which are still in development like reForis and blame as it does not works, but developer builds are for experienced users. This is clearly said in our documentation and as well in switch-branch. There are many people, who does not need to tinker with the router each time and they don’t provide us multiple times negative feedback like you, where it is highly recommended to reply to it to avoid any misunderstandings.

This forum is moderated. Take it as it is. If it wouldn’t be, it will go bad. As I experienced as a regular registered user on other forums.

Most of those failures were caused by LXC containers and in really negligible numbers there a few users, who were not using LXC containers at all, but running database on the internal storage sounds cool, right? They were just trying how much the eMMC is durable. On our forum, you can find the number of lisepan of the eMMC. If I vaguely remember, it was something about 3 TB specified by manufacturer for 4 GB, but we have 8 GB eMMC.

I would say that standard end-user do not use it in the first place, because it requires using a command-line interface. If you do, then you should know what you are doing as you can not set up LXC containers without that.

If you are doing that you need to know that eMMC is flash memory. What it does mean? Flash memory is, for example, being used in microSD cards, USB flash drives, SSD and also in phones and so on. It has a lifespan of writes. It does not count with excessive writes most often by logs, databases and so on. By default, we have logs in RAM (/tmp), this is not handled by common GNU/Linux distributions in LXC/Docker and its writing to the internal storage if it is not moved. This is mentioned in our documentation.

My post is a longer than it should be, but if you want you can read something more about that in Czech thread - Chyby, které vedou k nefunkčnosti připojení - #38 by cynerd - SW pomoc [CZ] - Turris forum.

It’s a pity that satisfied users does not write their feedback as well. But this is common to all projects.

5 Likes