AsiaRF adapter has stopped working alltogether

I recently updated my TO with the ugprade kit from Discomp.cz.

In all fairness, the kit worked wonderfully for about 2 weeks and has just stopped working.

I have tried everything I can think of like rebooting, resetting, reinstalling the card, changing mPCI ports. Nothing has worked.

In an attempt to isolate the failure I even ordered a new card from AsiaRF but the results are the same.

I switched back to the original WLE card and everything is back to normal.

So in summary, The TO seems to be in good working order it just doesn’t like AsiaRF Wifi Cards.

I will really appreciate any suggestions for troubleshooting you could provide.

Thanks!

If you’re comfortable with the command line, you can ssh into the Turris when the card is installed and run lspci. You might have to install the package for that first, pciutils since I don’t know if it’s installed by default.

I don’t have that card installed, but this is what the output looks like on my Turris:

root@turris:~# lspci
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88F6820 [Armada 385] ARM SoC (rev 04)
00:02.0 PCI bridge: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88F6820 [Armada 385] ARM SoC (rev 04)
00:03.0 PCI bridge: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88F6820 [Armada 385] ARM SoC (rev 04)
02:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros QCA986x/988x 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter
03:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR9287 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01)

Depending on what slot you installed the card in, it should show up in 02:00.0 or 03:00.0

If it doesn’t show up at all, then the card may have gone bad. It’s not likely the PCI slot went bad since going back to the old setup worked fine.