Arch Linux on LXC container

Hi,

I have problems to use any webserver on the Arch Linux LXC container, because hiawatha doesn’t start and on apache, nginx & lighttpd I get like the following error:
AH00035: access to / denied (filesystem path ‘/srv’) because search permissions are missing on a component of the path

But they have all needed permissions and I have the same trouble with 777 rights on files + folders. With the Ubuntu container everything works fine, so I think it is an problem with the Arch Linux on the Turris Omnia.

Can anyone help me or have the same problems?

Similar here. I have installed an mSata drive on which I install and run the LXC containers. I get stuff like:

systemd-networkd[27]: Could not connect to bus: Permission denied
dbus-daemon[58]: Cannot setup inotify for '/usr/share/dbus-1/system.d'; error 'Permission denied'
systemd-udevd[50]: inotify_add_watch(9, /dev/mmcblk0, 10) failed: No such file or directory
systemd-udevd[57]: inotify_add_watch(9, /dev/mmcblk0p1, 10) failed: No such file or directory
systemd-udevd[50]: inotify_add_watch(9, /dev/mmcblk0boot0, 10) failed: No such file or directory
systemd-udevd[45]: inotify_add_watch(9, /dev/mmcblk0rpmb, 10) failed: No such file or directory
systemd-udevd[49]: inotify_add_watch(9, /dev/mmcblk0boot1, 10) failed: No such file or directory
ata_id[61]: unable to open '/dev/sda'

Indicating something isn’t quite right with the permissions…no idea what yet though. Maybe, like what this person is found, the turris OS has network stuff attached to a certain group/id?

Tried again today and lo and behold, it works! Created a new container from the command line (so not the luci interface). Not sure what has changed, according to this seccomp would have been required for the turris omnia kernel when running Arch Linux containers.

1 Like

There were some changes to systemd that make it possible to run on systems without seccomp. With these changes there is no requirement to have seccomp enabled in kernel.

1 Like