Any news on Turris Omnia Enterprise or Turris SG1?

Hello,
Is there any news about the Turris Omnia Enterprise or Turris SG1 projects?

I’m interested in the Turris Omnia Enterprise. I’d be even more interested if one or more of its SFP ports were capable of handling 2.5 Gbps or 10 Gbps data rates.

As for the Turris SG1, it looks like it might suit my needs for a travel router, among other things.

Thanks.

7 Likes

:upside_down_face:

I hope it ships one day… and that it ships with stock OpenWRT.

1 Like

I am also waiting for the release and I would also be happy about a new teaser - a sign of life… something like that :stuck_out_tongue:

From Turris (@turris_cz) | nitter on August 28:

LinuxDays begins on October 7.

4 Likes

But that’s a photo of Omnia

5 Likes

The presentation at LinuxDays is scheduled for Saturday October 7 at 1200 (Europe/Prague). 20 minutes only.

We are still working on powerful open-source routers with security features. That hasn’t changed. With new and new updates, Turris routers are still evolving. What new features have we added to our devices? When will we make the next big update to Turris OS? What about new devices? The presentation at IT 2023/LDs will provide the answers.

Translated with https://deepl.com/

3 Likes

Too bad it is not in English :cry:

I’m sure that someone will post here in English, at least the most interesting bits.

3 Likes

There is another Turris presentation on the same day from 13:00–13:50 (Europe/Prague):

Server virtualization using LXC
This talk will show easy server virtualization using LXC technology in Turris project using Ansible tool.

Translated with https://deepl.com/

1 Like

The news about the Turris Omnia Enterprise received this Wednesday via the maling list are interesting.

The hardware looks really good. On top of that, if it’s compatible with a SFP GPON ONU / ONT such as this one , I seriously need to start saving money.

1 Like

You know the deepl translator?

Here’s the video of the talk (in English!)

2 Likes

So if i may ask, when will Turris Omnia Enterprise be released? Because although i have the Turris Omnia 2020, the TO Enterprise hits the spot so to say.

A router is already 24/7 on, so why not already have some awesome hardware in it to be used in virtualization :), while still have very low power usage.

because you now end up putting many eggs all in one basket… or put differently, when your router falls prey to attacks, likely your virtualized services are easier to exploit… Not saying virtualization is not attractive, but it comes with its own set of side-effects/complications :wink:

2 Likes

It is not that i will put everything in one basket.

I have already 3 different SBC running with each their own thing running so to say. (8 cores, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB NVMe SSD each)

The amount of ports that currently are forwarding are 2 (80 redirecting to 443 & 443 with Lets Encrypt SSL certificate activated) which are not even directed to my Router or even anything on my Router (such as a Linux Container). Those applications are constantly also being updated fairly often enough. Within my own internal network all the applications that i connect for example the web interface i even have the Lets Encrypt SSL certificate activated.

I am currently trying to have as many useful applications (including all the traffic and application monitoring using Prometheus + Thanos + Grafana) installed as possible while all of them running on very low powered devices. Having all those devices running 24/7 but not increasing the electricity bill that much is just awesome. Off course also planning to install Wireguard so that would be the 3rd and last port forwarding to be able to always have connection with my home devices.

So yeah i am aware of its “complications” :). Thanks for the concern.

3 Likes

As you can see and listen in the presentation, it is planned for the next year (and more likely its second half).

2 Likes

Sorry, i thought that the video was not in English, that is why i did not watch it.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.